Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring/Easter peek

As we are not going to be home for Easter this year, I haven't gotten into a lot of Easter decorating/crafts/activities this year. But I'm sharing what I do have.

I love the softness of my egg wreath-

A number of years ago I was into doing cross-stitch. Not many projects from then do I still like, but these three still join my Easter/spring decor collection-

Some stuff I've had for a while-

Love this little grouping-

Any my Pier 1 springy green bowl filled with lemons. Happiness.

And I love this idea - I found this at A Soft Place to Land, who, like Just a Girl, often has great ideas too. She has a tutorial on her site if you're interested. It's simply grass growing in an apothecary jar! I really might do this when I get back, I love how it looks. Mighty springy and pretty, don't you think? I just have one sort of smallish apothecary jar and would like a couple more. Wait! I just realized I have a gift card to Michael's, and they have some really good ones. With a 40% off coupon and my gift card, I just found me a plan!

I have always loved the Easter season for so many reasons. I am mostly grateful for a loving Savior and the infinite blessings that his sacrifice and resurrection bring.

We are heading to St. Louis Wed morning to spend Easter with my sister Kristina and her family. I've never been, and am looking forward to it! We have a full agenda planned. We are driving, hallelujah for the DVD player in the van. Don't quite know how we survived road trips when I was growing up without one!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Easter/Spring decor! Have a great trip :)

Bonnie said...

Have a great trip! I really like the egg welcome wreath.

Lara said...

Cute Easter stuff! I did not decorate- I am still shocked that the bunny comes this weekend!
I hope that you have a great trip!
Happy Easter!

Kristina said...

Maybe you should bring some of your cute decorations here-I don't really have anything. But we will be coloring eggs, so that will be decoration. Cute stuff! Can't wait to see you.

Kristi said...

That wreath is my favorite! And the grass growing in the apothecary jar is divine, what a great find!

Have a fun and safe Easter weekend!

Amy said...

I had a counted cross-stitch phase too. I recently bought a bunch of old world Santas to do for the Christmas tree and they sit in my drawer.!! Just looking for the motivation. Have a fun time in St. Louis! I am looking forward to finding out how it is as I have never been. Justin interviewed there once for something.

taradon said...

You always have such fun decor! Have a great trip - St. Louis is fun!

The Frosts said...

Lucky me I got to see all of this in person! It's all darling. I have not yet purchased the green bowl but next month it is mine {spent my whole decorating budget this month on Easter stuff}. I also loved the wheat grass in the jar and can't wait to try it myself!