* We visited our good friends Jeff and Judi in the hospital; they just had their second baby boy. Brian and Jeff met their freshmen year of college, and have been really close ever since. We had a little picnic lunch party with them, it kept the kids quiet and still while we were there. Little Willett is so cute!

* I made a scavenger hunt, just a list of items around the house and yard the kids had to find. Connor loved this activity and took it very seriously, while Isabel sort of went in and out of it. But it kept Connor occupied for a good deal of time - and an occupied Connor is a very good thing for everyone.

Cowboy Lucas just followed them around-
When all items had been collected,
They got to pick a treasure from the treasure bowl:
* I found me some mighty cute springy flats for a STEAL! OK, so my friend Elizabeth bought a pair first and I totally had to copy her because they were exactly what I've been looking for. They will be perfect for our trip next week, unless it rains everyday like I'm seeing in the forecast.

* One afternoon Brian stayed home so I could have a date with Connor. I told him we could either go swimming at the rec center for the whole afternoon, or go see the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. He chose swimming. So we spent the afternoon at the rec center. He is becoming a true water boy, I had to drag him away when it was time to leave. We must have gone on the waterslide at least 30 or 40 times. I let him type what he wanted to say about our swimming outing, this is all he is sharing:
i liked evretheg.
I guess what happens at the rec center stays at the rec center.
* We got together with my good friends Elizabeth, Kristie and Paula - together we comprise one of my book clubs - and our 13 children for a playdate. The kids really all played beautifully, allowing us to chat for hours. It was a really great time.


* I had a scrumptious dinner with my friends Wendie - who was in town for a quick trip - and Brittany. We went to La Sandia. I have 3 words: best.guacamole.ever. Oh, my. They make it right at your table, and it is seriously the best guacamole I've ever had. We happened to run into our friend Mary Alice there, so funny! It was a lovely evening.

* I finished writing an article for Children's Hospital that I've been working on for the past month, it's due today.
I am really looking forward to General Conference this weekend, I could really use some bucket filling so to speak. I've recently heard more sad stories than I care to, found out my grandpa O'Neill has Alzheimer's disease, and learned that Brian has to take 2 weeks of unpaid vacation and a 2 percent pay cut over the next 6 months. Trying to count my blessings - still employed! - during this crazy uncertain time. All the fun and special times with family and friends certainly count for a lot, and I'm grateful to have so many great people in my life.
5 comments:
What a fun-filled week! Nice message, Connor. Your rec center is wonderful! Sorry about the Brian vacation/salary stuff. I worry for newspapers all over. Can't wait to see you guys!
I love the scavenger hunt idea. I think I'll try it for entertaining the kids this weekend!
I can sympathize on the job situation. Aaron has had his work hours and pay cut quite a bit as well. He's now staying home with the kids 2 days a week to cut our daycare costs a bit.
Sounds like a fun spring break! Love Connor's message- no need to elaborate.
I think that to have a job is to be wealthy- and the meaning of wealth is certainly changing. Scary times.
Cute shoes!
I love that Connor is now commenting like my daughter - it's such a fun way to share.
I'm sorry about Brian's job - we keep crossing out fingers and hoping here, too.
I love your rec pool too! That is like our old one in Lowry. We have a pool like that here but it costs mucho $$. I agree-to have a job is to be wealthy!
Post a Comment