A gigantic ball machine filled the entryway to the science center. Connor said it was a lot like his Marble Run game, which it was. The kids - and the adults, truth be told - were mesmerized by it. Very cool.


The kids enjoyed a lot of activities like climbing-
Being transfixed by this gigantic growling moving T-Rex that had a wounded, bloodied and heavily breathing dinosaur lying next to it. Kind of creepy, but the kids thought it was interesting enough without being too freaked-
Climbing a lava-filled volcano-
And touching a tornado-
After the museum, Brian and Connor went to a rib place for a BBQ lunch, after which Kristina and I spent the entire afternoon -what else? - shopping.That evening we went to a Cardinals baseball game. Ted's dad generously let us use his 10th row tickets and downtown parking pass, and Ted's mom and sister babysat the kids so the 4 of us could have a fun and almost free - except for dinner - evening out. Only downside was it was FREEZING. Kristina had assured me we wouldn't need really warm clothes, therefore I didn't pack any. But it was a very damp 40-something during the game and I had to raid Kristina's warm clothes. Warm trumped cute that evening, but we had a fun time anyway.
Walking to the stadium; the old courthouse with the Arch in the background. How coordinated of me to match the fountain!
Ted and Kristina-
Busch Stadium-
Like I said, warm trumped cute. I was seriously freezing, but we were glad the rain had stopped just before the game. Until that game, I don't think I'd ever had hot chocolate at a MLB game. Oh wait. I take that back. I had a Starbucks hot chocolate at a Seattle Mariners game a couple of years ago. But still.
6 comments:
Looks cold but fun! Way to go on matching the fountain! I can't believe everything is free, how awesome is that.
Looks like another fun day! It would be nice if Denver had so many free attractions...
That science center looks amazing! You really did some things while you were there. Love the cute rainy-game picture. :)
You must be acclimating to Denver weather-40 degrees is cold?? (tee hee). Looks like a great trip!!
Day 3 looked like a home run! Ha, ha. The game looked like fun, even with the cold.
The science center looked enjoyable- my kids would love the ball machine! The dinosaur, not so much. Free entertainment is the best kind!
Amy, I might be losing my Minnesota toughness. Although, 40 degrees and damp is much different that 40 degrees and dry. And the wind was blowing. Does that make a better case? ;)
Post a Comment