We also started the day with another death- Whitey has now left us. We are not doing well here with the fish thing. Brownish seems to be holding his own, so we'll see.
Brian's work ended the year on a bang, with the sudden firing of Mike Shanahan as the Broncos head coach and GM. Being at that press conference was the quite the experience, he reports.
In other news, the kiddos experienced the great bed shift. Up until Saturday, Connor had been in a twin bed, Isabel in the crib, and Lucas in the pack and play. As you can imagine, this was desperately requiring a change. Now Connor sleeps here (why is he crossing his eyes...?) and is happy as can possibly be:

And Isabel sleeps here:
Yay, she is finally using the quilt I made! She is in need of a headboard, I am still deciding what I want to do. And I found pink, blue, white and brown striped sheets that match the quilt well, happy day!That leaves Lucas to now sleep in the crib, a much-needed improvement.
And I got myself a little something, too. I've had my eye on these bookcases for months, to flank the TV stand we got in the summer:
I am having fun filling them (they are rather empty in the picture). I just have to say - books grouped by color are bee-ooo-teee-fulll. I am strategically leaving the bottom shelves open for now 'til Lucas ends his empty-the-bookshelf stage. And yes, I am aware that we have a rather small TV, and I am totally OK with it.Here's to all that 2009 has to offer, hopefully much that is good and joyous.
12 comments:
I'm sure everyone is very happy with their new beds! So exciting. The bookcases look fantastic. Sorry to hear about the fish, Good luck. Thanks for last night, we had a great time!
Yay for you guys! I love new furniture! Everything looks great! :)
Fred has been trying to weasel a new t.v. out of me for years (he may get one this year depending on "if" and "how much" his bonus may be). If he had the excuse Brian does ("it's my job to watch sports"), he may be more successful! j/k. Sounds good for Brian though!
The firing that shook the world! We heard about it on ESPN, but I am sure it got tons of coverage in Denver. I liked Mike, and I am sure he is off to another coaching job. 2009 is going well so far...but I am still questioning my puppy decision.
Good luck with the big bed switch! Has Isabel been staying in bed at night? We've been fighting that battle with Preston ever since he moved from the crib to a bed. :rolleyes: Sorry to hear that the fish aren't doing well!
Tara-
Yes, Isabel is a dreamy sleeper. She's been able to climb out of the crib for some time, and therefore has long since passed that obstacle. She puts herself down for a nap after lunch all by herself and sleeps for 2 1/2 hours pretty much every day, and goes to bed right away every night, never getting up 'til morning. Dreamy, I tell you! The boys are great sleepers too; something that hasn't been much of a problem here, thanks goodness!
Connor looks so grown up in his new bed! And Isabel's quilt looks great on the bed!
I love the bookshelves, they really fill that wall well.
Happy New Year!!!!
Everything looks great! The quilt can finally be used. Nice work! Sorry about the fishes. It is hard, but 19 cents isn't too much! Love the bookshelves.
We have a small t.v. too! And we only have one t.v. in the house! I love the new bookcases too!
I love how furniture changes the entire look and feel of a room...and the way black makes everything more grown up.
I love all the new furniture!
Yay! I love how everything looks! The beds are awesome and I love x a million the quilt. It turned out so cute. Bookcases are a great touch. We have a small tv too (and also only one) and I couldn't care less. Lots of other things I want/need before a big tv.
Tom scared me to death. He called me from work and said "I don't know what to do..." I thought he had been laid (sp?) off. Turns out Mike Shanahan had been fired.
The furniture is great and the quilt looks beautiful!
Post a Comment