1. Good fathers. Brian is a really great dad. I am so grateful for this. I don't think a day goes by he doesn't tell the children I love you, I'm proud of you, way to go, or something along these lines. I don't even know if he knows how much I notice or pay attention to that, but I do. I say these things all the time, but sometimes it just sounds different coming from dad. Just this morning I overhead him saying to Lucas, "you'll never understand how much I love you." I hope he doesn't mind me disclosing this (too late now!) but with the 2nd and 3rd babies, he has always been worried about loving the newest additions as much as the child(ren) we already had. But my grandma always tells me that children bring their own love, and I really believe that. Isn't that so true?

2. Books. Reading just makes me happy. We had planning meeting for one book club last week, and my other book club is resuming after a 2-month hiatus b/c of a member on bedrest with baby #4. So we're back at it! I'm on my third book in a week. Good Harbor by Anita Diamant (Red Tent author) - it was so-so; The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian (author of Midwives) - oh my, I loved it. Total shocker at the end, but beware a graphic and difficult opening scene. And now I'm in the midst of Leif Enger's So Brave, Young and Handsome - he's the author of the beloved and amazing book Peace Like a River. I'm enjoying it thus far, but it's not quite the same caliber as Peace Like a River. So I really need to add Goodreads to my blog, no?


3. Recycling. Random, I know. But it makes me happy.4. Citrus fruit in winter. We've been devouring oranges and grapefruit. They have been sweet juicy perfection.

5. Isabel isn't allergic to peanut butter! I finally had to take the plunge and let her try some. She's had it on numerous occasions with nary an incident. Whew. But she only gets it when Connor is at school.
6. My new Valentine's wreath. Love.

There. Happy now?
10 comments:
That is great that Isabel is not allergic to peanuts. We have already started letting Leah eat it, oops.
I have been craving grapefruits lately, so seeing that picture makes me want to go have one for my afternoon snack. Good thing I'm stocked up on them right now!
You cannot have too many happy lists! I love that citrus is in season right now too. I could almost smell some grapefruit as I was reading your post. What a relief that Isabel is not allergic to peanuts.
That is a cute wreath. Thank heavens Isabel is not allergic to peanuts, PB&J is a staple at our house! I love the look of grapefruit in the grocery store- it looks happy in the middle of a very loooong winter!
Cute wreaths. I really have read the Double Blind, especially since seeing the cover. Why can't I remember it????
Great list of happy stuff. It's always nice to dwell on the positive! I'm going to have to check out the books you listed - I'm always on the lookout for a good book!
I have been eating some really good grapefruit too this week! DId you make that Valentine's wreath?
Thanks for the book update. I want to read The Double Bind. I am looking for something good. Finishing The Road, but is depressing. Love the wreath and so glad you can have pb when Connor is gone.
I love your happy list; your right it does make you happy reading about what makes others happy...Why do you have to live so far away?
I love book reviews! I haven't been reading much lately and miss it like crazy! I'm on the grapefruit kick too. Must be the wishing for summer vibe.
Post a Comment