
I called Brian at work and asked if the winds were really that bad because there was a dust storm happening. Then he told me that was in fact a fire. Yikes. That AND the winds were really bad. We have had a flippin' windy couple of weeks, like even occasional hurricane-force winds. Seriously bad.
The kids and I drove into town, and saw the foothills on fire. Creepy.
The fires are burning in the foothills between Boulder and Longmont, and it smells like smoke in our house. My eyes are burning and my throat feels scratchy. Yuck. But that is nothing compared to those poor people losing their homes and being evacuated! Praying the fires get contained soon.
6 comments:
Good luck! I hope they put it out soon.
I hope that they are able to put it out soon! That is scary!
We have scratchy eyes and smelly air over in Lochbuie, too. We had a fire close to our house last summer and were almost evacuated - it was very scary. I really feel for those poor people right now.
Oh no how scary.
That picture looks creepie when you think what's behind it. Good luck!
We saw a semi that had been blown over onto its side on our way through Wyoming last week. The wind in this here country is CRAZY!!
Post a Comment