On Monday we made our annual trip to the National Western Stock Show. Being a 65-degree holiday, it was packed. We expected that, but had fun anyway. We have gone every year since Connor was born, so it's become our tradition to go. The kids love it and always have a good time. They rode a little train, petted a ton of animals (Connor and I were both sneezing a lot by the end), had lunch, saw cows and horses, did lots of kid activities, explored campers/trucks and trailers and more. We skipped the rodeo this year (I like the rodeo) as the indoor fireworks last year left Connor a bit scarred, so we opted out of that. Maybe next year.
Connor loved all the tractors, trailers and campers, and the llamas. Isabel loved the gummy bears (surprise surprise) and the animals, and Lucas loved the animals. In the petting area, he was determined to feed this little goat, just kept trying and trying to feed it some grass, even though little goal wasn't interested. It was so cute.

















What a fun day! Brian always laughs at me because every year we go I tell him I wanna live the lifestyle on a ranch and ride off into the sunset. But I don't wanna have to do all that work, or live in the middle of nowhere, or have to wake up early every day. I think what I really want is just a week's vacation at a dude ranch.
7 comments:
Looks like everyone had fun! Yay for a great day.
What a fun time! I am the same way about wanting to live on a ranch. I want all of the animals and the quiet, but not the early mornings and the work!
Your kids are so cute, it looks like they had a lot of fun :)
I have lived in CO my whole life and I have never been to the Stock Show. What is wrong with me? It was such a big thing for several people that I went to school with- growing up in a small farming town it was really the thing to do. Some of the kids even sold animals at it. Maybe someday...
Looks like a fun (and warm) day! I love the pics of all of the kids- just like little cowboys and a cowgirl.
I agree with the desire to live on a ranch! It seems so peaceful and quiet, and we could all use some peace and quiet.
Reminds of the days onthe farm. Believe it or not, I was once a major animal lover, esp. horses. We always had a horse on the farm. I see why the stock show is such a hit
I absolutely love that this is a family tradition. I loved going to the stock show as a kid! And how awesome to have the weather so perfect for your outing!
Looks like a great time! I've lived in Colorado all these years and never visited the stock show - based on those pictures, we really ought to take the kids and go see it all!
Post a Comment