Thursday, December 6, 2007

Weaponry

I had a quick Connor Christmas shopping outing tonight at The Wizard's Chest, a super cool toy store in Cherry Creek. I found three gifts for Connor that he is going to LOVE. A Hoberman Sphere (he loves the one at our friends' house) a captain hook arm (he has been begging me to craft some sort of a hook for him to be Captain Hook), and a pirate sword, his very first weapon. Now, I'm not about to go out and buy a bunch of super-real looking guns, but I don't see any harm in a pirate sword. As long as he doesn't use it on his sister. He has become very into the Peter Pan/Captain Hook/pirate thing.

I feel like this year Connor's toys are becoming more "big boy" toys. Well, I guess he is going to be in kindergarten in August.

My sister and I had a conversation tonight about buying toys. I've never really enjoyed buying baby toys. I feel like it's often just buying for the sake of buying, and I never really know if they'll get played with. But as my kids get older and have more defined interests, it does make Christmas/birthday shopping a lot more fun, because the reactions get all that much better! As a mom, it totally puts a spring in my step to find gifts I know will be loved.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so much fun. I've never been to that toy store and live so close. I'll have to check it out.

The Frosts said...

Fun gift ideas. I love those sphere things. I agree, it is way more fun to buy for kids who "get" what is going on and can get excited about things, than it is to buy for a baby.