It's done! Lucas has been the biggest trooper ever, and did a fantastic job today. We got to the hospital at 9:15, and spent the morning getting his vitals, physical exam, etc. He looked so sweet in the little hospital gown. We handed him over to the nurse at 11:20, and she brought him back to the OR. They put him to sleep with gas, put in an IV and a breathing tube, and gave him an epidural - yup, just like a pregnancy woman gets. Brian and I got a pager in case anyone needed to reach us ASAP, and we grabbed a quick lunch and went back to the surgery waiting area. At 12:30 the surgeon came to tell us he did great. After he was stable enough, they brought us back to love him up. He had to wait a couple of hours to make sure everything was OK, and then were able to go home.
He has to keep a bandage on for four days, and will have a catheter in for a week (which we have to remove ourselves on the 7th day - gulp!). The surgeon warned it will look way worse than it feels in a few days. He's on steady Tylenol and Motrin for at least a couple of days to keep the pain at bay.
He was just a super baby, and is really sleepy tonight. We're happy to snuggle him all night!

The nurses all were in love with him; can't say I blame them :) Overall, it was as positive experience as it could be, considering our 6-month-old just had surgery. Here's to a quick recovery Lucas! We love you.
5 comments:
Poor little sweetie. That picture is darling. I'm so glad everything went well.
Way to go Lucas! I am so glad that you are doing well. We can't wait to see you in a week!
I am glad to hear everything went well. I have only heard good things about Children's and I know they did an awsome job.
I love that picture of Lucas; I can see where you just want to pick him up and cuddle. I am glad it was a positive experience. (Side note-I'll know more about Trevor's deal at his nine month appt in a few weeks...)
I'm so relieved for you guys that everything went well. I hope his recovery is quick and painless for all of you. That picture is seriously so cute. What a sweetie.
Post a Comment