Monday, December 10, 2007

Lucas is 6 months

Lucas is 6 months today! Seriously crazy. He had his 6-month appointment today, and the timing was good. Poor guy has had a fever for 3 days. He came down with a fever Saturday morning, and has had one since. It's been low-grade or moderate-grade the whole time - I haven't seen it go above 102.6. I went in to the appointment thinking he must have an ear infection or something. For the record, none of my children has ever had an ear infection. None of them has even ever been on an antibiotic for anything at all! They've never had more than a brief stomach bug or average cold. OK, Connor did have a very brief bout with Croup this fall, it lasted 1 night. I like to think this good health is due the fact they've never been in day care and/or that I've nursed them all for a year (give or take); or it might be good genes. Either way, we've (knock on wood) had really healthy kiddos.

But, the pediatrician (who, BTW, I think is the best pediatrician ever!), said his ears are clear, his chest is clear, he just has a fever and stuffy nose. The problem with this, however, is that he's supposed to have his surgery on Wednesday. I talked to the urology office today, and the surgeon said I should call tomorrow afternoon with an update on how he's dong and we'll go from there. So, as of tonight, I don't know if he's going to have his surgery or not. That's somewhat unsettling. But cleary we want to do what's best for Lucas. Stay tuned! If he doesn't have surgery and still has a fever on Thursday, the pediatrician wants to see him again.

Otherwise he's doing great. He is almost the exact same size as Connor at this age, only he's 4 ounces heavier, and the same length. He's 15 pounds 9 ounces (25th percent), 27 inches long (75th percent). We just have long, thin boys.

His development seems to be right where it should, no concern for autism at this time. We'll keep watching! He's such a loving little boy, and brings so much to our family.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Look at those eyes! Happy half birthday, Lucas!

Amy said...

Hope Lucas can shake this fever deal! Let me know on the surgery too. I will need some recommendations for Trevor's issue. Thx.