And Mason on his actual birthday-
He wanted mac n cheese for his birthday, so we took him to Noodles for a mac n cheese lunch-
Lucas had a T-ball game that night, and Mason loved running around the park next to the ball field, playing in the light rain with Connor and Isabel and having a fantastic time. We even saw a rainbow.
After the game, we bought him a birthday doughnut so he could have one more chance to blow out candles-
Oh, this Mason. I am so in love with this boy, despite the fact that he can be extremely - EXTREMELY! - strong willed, feisty, independent, stubborn and the like. I have never experienced power struggles like I do with him, and over so many things. Pretty much anything that he can turn into a power struggle, he will. But when he uses it for good, it's amazing. Like how he was potty trained 6 months ago, then completely quit, putting up such a battle that I was glad to put him back in diapers. The week before his 3rd birthday, he pretty much potty trained himself in a day and has never gone back. This is so indicative of Mason. But in this case, I love the outcome. NO MORE DIAPERS!!!
Mason is so many things, thus bringing up our family in a strong, definite end statement. He is adorable, very bright, funny, talkative, super active/athletic, intense, independent, strong-willed, determined, opinionated, snuggly, tough, and more. He loves Cars, Sesame Street, playing ball (t-ball, soccer, football), being outside, going to parks, cooking (which has resulted in more than one big mess), sucking his thumb, his blankey (which has disintegrated into a bunch of tiny pieces), playing with his siblings, reading books, helping me clean, big trucks, and swimming.
He does not love sleeping through the night, and usually ends up in our bed at some point during the night, which is against my parenting policy and has not happened with the other children. We have fought it, and it's been ugly. He also does not like being told what to do, which clearly can be a real challenge. Brian always tells me we have to be patient with him, that he'll usually come around to what we want, but it's usually in his time. This is a big and ongoing lesson for everyone.
I love love love this little person. I love having conversations with him, the way he talks and pronounces things. I never tire of it. Even when he gets sassy (something he has picked up from some older siblings) I can't help but smile for it's so darn cute. He's adorable, with those sleeping blue eyes and dark lashes, his crazy cowlick and strong little body. Except when he's writing and kicking on the floor in the midst of a tantrum.
Three years old. Disbelief. Love him.





No comments:
Post a Comment