The Sunday evening before his birthday, we had my brother's family over for grilled pizza and strawberry cream puff cake. It was so fun to see my little nephew (14 months) running around with the kids-
Monday, Memorial Day, was his big day! He chose to go to Heritage Square in Golden to ride the alpine slide, which is so much fun. A couple members of my family (Brian and Isabel) have major height issues and don't like the chairlift, but handled it beautifully. The views at the top of the entire city are incredible. It was a perfect weather day, too.
Then we rode the swan paddle boats on the little lake. The kids loved this, and really enjoyed all the colorful fish swimming in the lake-
Funny faces-
Then we headed up to Georgetown for a picnic in our favorite park, playing, a walk down mainstreet and ice cream cones-
I just realized I never took photos of him with his gifts. From my parents he got the Lego Monster Fighters Lord Vampyre's Hearse (he and Lucas are SO into these), he got Cars 2 from Brian's parents, and we gave him a nice tetherball set. He loved his gifts!
He was thrilled with his birthday and was so excited to turn 10, which definitely sounds like a big age! He loved being in band in 4th grade and looks forward to it again when school starts. He loves Scouts and just became a Webelo. He has been playing baseball this summer and has improved a lot and was even the hero of his first game! He loves Legos immensely, loves playing, loves fishing and being outdoors, loves to ride his bike, has become a good "sibling sitter" when I go on short, nearby outings (generally leave 1 kid with him, sometimes 2). We're easing into increased responsibility. He does a good job with his chores (trash and recycling, making his bed, putting away laundry, vacuuming, unloading and loading the dishwasher, some yard work) and learns new jobs from time to time, like mowing the lawn. I love having a growing, strong son to help with certain things! It won't be long and I'll be asking him to reach stuff I can't.
Connor is a kind, fun, sweet, smart boy. He continues to accomplish so many things and to grow and learn and become a good young man. I love having more mature conversations with him and know he has really started to open up to me in sharing his feelings and thoughts, difficulties and strengths. We especially had some good talks about his crush, Meg, this year. We have had some great talks about different things and I really treasure those. I am incredibly proud of this boy and forever will be grateful to call him my son.
Happy 10th birthday Connor!
























1 comment:
We'll have to talk more about this birthday!! It's seems so perfect I might want to recreate it for MY birthday! Connor's such a good kid, you guys are doing a great job! What fun day!
Post a Comment