Monday, June 17, 2013

Lucas' 6th Birthday

Lucas wanted an Avengers party this year, but I talked him into a more generic superhero party. I put in minimal effort on this one (so much going on this summer!), but think it still had good results. Most important, he was pleased. I gave guests the option of coming dressed as one of their favorite superheroes, and of course Lucas was all over that.

I made him a Super L sign to greet guests-


Each guest received a superhero lollipop, some gumballs that said "chews to be Super," some super bubbles and some Spiderman fruit snacks; these served as the centerpiece until the end of the party-



I also painted a city scape and made some faux barbells, and had the kids each take a turn posing with their super strength. Some of them - not surprisingly, mostly the ones dressed as superheroes - got really into this. So cute.




I traced Captain America's shield components onto heavy duty paper plates, and let the kids color them in as they liked; then we glued pipe cleaner handles onto them-



We played hot potato with Hulk's fist to an Avenger's show; whenever the show was paused, the kid left holding the fist was out - BAM! KAPOW! KNOCKED OUT!

We set up a super-strength obstacle course that involved going down the slide, punching the tetherball like it was a bad guy, crawling under a table, running through hula hoops and shooting a basketball.-

The cake was so super simple with some printouts and sparklers, but I think it turned out well-



Birthday boy with presents-

On his real birthday two days later, my birthday boy requested Lucky Charms and homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast. We gifted him a tackle box, an Avenger's lunch box and the Lego Monster Fighters Crazy Scientists and his Monster, which he had been begging for since Christmas. He LOVES Lego Monster Fighters. A. LOT.

Some requisite birthday pictures-



We spent the afternoon at the Fairgrounds Spray Park in Loveland, our favorite, followed by a pizza dinner and T-ball practice.
 
We are so lucky to have this hilarious, fun-loving, always-out-for-a-good-time boy in our family. He is kind, thoughtful, sweet, funny, wacky, handsome, dedicated, loyal and laid-back, but has a fierce temper that flares from time to time. He loves playing and having a good time, Legos (esp the Lego Monster Fighters), swimming, playing T-ball, reading, doing art, playing video games, watching movies and being with friends and family. He is a real snuggler and is full of love. He really brings a lot of joy to our family.

Happy 6th Birthday Lucas!

No comments: