Saturday, July 17, 2010

Singing SOS

We sang some patriotic songs to residents of a nursing home recently for Club SOS. My kids love singing the patriotic songs - Isabel loves "Dixie" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy", Connor loves "You're a Grand Old Flag" and Lucas loves "I've been Working on the Railroad." Very fun! The kids did great, and the residents loved seeing the children and hearing their sweet voices raised in patriotic chorus.
After we sang, the children visited with the residents. I was so proud of Connor and Isabel, who went right up to the residents, introduced themselves, and shook their hands (Lucas, not so much). They certainly spread some sweet cheer that day! I didn't get a picture of this, but Isabel met a sweet lady named Rosie, who had a mother named Isabel; my Isabel thought that was the greatest. And Connor had a lovely chat with this incredibly sweet man. Such great life lessons for the children!

No comments: