We did Canada during the opening ceremonies, more on that later. And we thought France would coincide nicely with Valentine's Day, thus we did a French Valentine.
I checked out a couple of books from the library, one fiction and one non-fiction:

and learned what the colors on the French flag represent and then made French flags (Connor's favorite activity)
For dinner I made crepes filled with ham, swiss and tomatoes, and others filled with Nutella
and heart-shaped creme puffs
filled with homemade Bavarian creme and drizzled with a chocolate glaze. The sheer joy of the heart-shaped creme puffs on my heart-shaped Valentine plates was almost more than my heart could bear. I'm going to need a couple more plates.
These were beyond scrumptious and completely enjoyed by all

Brian and I enjoyed a nice Valentine's evening a few night ago, dinner and the movie "The Blind Side." Have you seen it? I loved loved loved it. So inspiring, uplifting, heart-warming, amazing. Can't wait to buy it when it comes out, it was so good. Sandra Bullock was fantastic. Loved her.
We had a great French Valentine's Day. The kids were most pleased, which makes me glad to have done it. When they are excited about things it carries the momentum, and is so much more fun.
We are excited to study the other countries we have selected; it has added to our Olympic viewing experience. It's fun to see the kids cheer "USA!" for our athletes and when they see our flag, but also to recognize flags and athletes from other countries as well.
Hope you had a day filled with love, from my loves...


to yours.
3 comments:
You are such an over-achiever! Where do you find the time and energy?!? :)
I need my children to come live at your house so that they can have some culture in their lives! You are very creative and I love the planning you put into the fun things you do with your family. Building memories!!!!
K, you are amazing. The sheer energy that went into your amazing creation makes me tired just thinking about it. LOVE the creme puffs and everything, really. And I totally love that you make such an EVENT out of the olympics. Goal for next week=do something fun with my kids for the olympics. Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment