Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Half-way to huge

I'm 20 weeks, officially the half-way point.

So my sweet and oh-so-smooth-talking hubby says to me the other day, "you look bigger now than some women do at 9 months." Wow. Talk about an ego boost! It just made me laugh. I know he loves me.:) (he wants me to clarify that he was responding to my complaining about feeling huge already)

I just simply have a tendency to carry out - way out. I am short, which is a part of the problem. But I really have a basketball stomach with every baby. And it's not that I have big babies; they've been 6-8, 7-6, and 7-15. Very normal sizes. But does this look normal to you? This was the day I had Isabel-
It looks as though I shouldn't be able to stand upright, but somehow I manage to say vertical. I hurt just looking at that picture.

But in general, I am feeling pretty good at this point. Just some physical stuff (backaches, sciatic nerve pain). Otherwise fairly smooth sailing! Other than names. Seriously. I did have a girl name I really liked - and since I'll never use it, here it is - Marin Emmeline. I do find myself being drawn to "M" and "E" names for boys as well, we'll see if either of those letters works out. Something has to work out. I wonder how many times through the baby book before something jumps out at me.

Bring on the next 20 weeks!

13 comments:

The Crace's said...

Yay for the half way point! I'm hoping by then I'll start feeling better.

Unknown said...

You are looking fabulous! I couldn't believe the picture of when you were having Isabel! You really do carry out in the front. So cute! The 1/2 way point is exciting! Here's to hoping the next 20 weeks are great too!

Colleen said...

Too funny, I thought about using the name Emmeline too, after reading The Thirteenth Tale.

And that really is one impressive baby bump you had with Isabel!

Kristina said...

Congrats on half way. Seeing your belly makes me feel a little better, but I'll take aches and pains over throwing up any day!

Anonymous said...

Yay for half way!

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

I can't believe you were brave enough to take that picture with Isabel. I don't like to have pictures taken any time, let alone when I'm feeling huge. But I think you look fabulous. I wish I could say the same about myself. I can't believe how many people (at work) have said, "Wow, your pregnant...you're huge...you really just popped out." I'd just like to smack them, everytime they open their mouths. I am a pretty confident person, but being pregnant sure takes a beating on the physical confidence. So, my point, I am impressed that you posted pictures! Hoorah, for beautiful big bellies!!!!

taradon said...

Wow, you really carry it all out front! Congratulations on hitting 20 weeks and good luck in the name search!

Amy said...

I think you look cute! Names, names. Good luck! I know something will come to you.

Paula said...

Great pictures, I remember when you were pregnant with Isabel, it does not seem like it was that long ago.

Kristi said...

half-way?! yay & congrats! your dress is super cute.

for the record, I think the basketball look is darling! you look great.

Pink Mom said...

You look great - I definitely think I was waaaaaay bigger :).

The Frosts said...

You look great! I have that maternity dress too and still love it (I have contemplated wearing it as a regular dress). SO excited for you!

Lori said...

I think you look great! Us short woman have to stick together as we "stick out" :-)