1. I got a new calling - Relief Society instructor. I'll be teaching R.S. the 2nd Sunday of each month. Big switch from teaching Primary, hopefully I'll be effective. Overall, I think it will be a good calling and I am looking forward to it.
2. Sometimes watching the snow fall is rather mesmerizing. Especially when the Statue of Liberty stops by.

3. I love the Dollar Spot at Michael's. It might even be better than Target's Dollar Spot.
4. Recently finished reading Follow the River, based on the true-life ordeal of Mary Ingles, who was 23, married, and pregnant with her third child when Shawnee Indians invaded her Virginia settlement in 1755 and captured her. Totally amazing book. At times raw, gut-wrenching and graphic, but always inspiring, unbelievable and amazing. Great read.
5. Getting serious Spring fever. Green grass, playing outside, trips to the park, spring clothes (seriously over my winter maternity stuff). But not holding my breath, considering March is our snowiest month.
6. Two days until the Olympics! You can read one of Brian's USA Hockey stories HERE.
7. On the verge of getting a new nephew, as my sister Kristina is due any day. There's nothing like the excitement a new baby brings!
8. Made a fun Valentine's project. It's four 3-inch wooden blocks covered in papers with glittery chipboard letters. Can be stacked vertically-
or horizontally, which I prefer-
9. Baby boy's movements have become much stronger, making it all the more real that I am having a baby in June! Not ready to tackle the newborn phase again. Good thing I still have 4 months to get ready.
10. I secretly wish my kids didn't love grapefruit so much, so I could enjoy the fresh, juicy happiness all by myself. But alas, they are all fruit lovers like their mom, and fall over themselves with excitement when I slice one open.
8 comments:
Your LOVE project is ADORABLE! I love the papers you chose. I'm a sucker for Valentines day and a good craft project. Follow the River is on my reading list and I am with you on grapefruit (but my kids can't stand it!) It is by far my favorite fruit!
Last but certainly not least, you will be a fantastic RS instructor. In my opinion, it is the BEST calling in the church! You'll do great!
Love the craft, as always! Good luck as RS instructor. I'm sure you'll be incredible. We are also looking forward to the beginning of the Olympics on Friday night. We LOVE the Olympics!
I actually love RS instructor more than anything, but secretly long for RS chorister. You'll do great! My advice is to start reading the next lesson the 2nd week and then it's really easy. At my branch, you're lucky to not get two or three callings and a talk every month so only being in YW is a blessing for me! We have a great dollar store in our small town. There are actually two, but I drive to the better one on the other side of town. Everything is 1 (the other dollar store has things over a dollar!! That is just wrong...)
Fun new calling! You'll be great. :)
I'm glad you liked Follow the River, it's one of my favorites too.
I {heart} your valentine blocks! I want! I want!
:)
Such cute blocks, I wish I had some, what a cute idea. See you soon.
I'm thinking of ditching primary to come to your first lesson. You'll do great, I have no doubt. You're great where ever, whatever you are doing! I too am awaiting spring, but agree that by living in CO those spring hopes are dashed by crazy weather in March! Almost done with East of Eden, I am anxious to discuss it! Cute hearts, you are always up to something fun!
Congrats on the new calling! That's actually one of my favorite callings ever. It can be nerve wracking each week, but so much spiritual food and upliftment. I think you'll enjoy the weeks off, and then enjoy teaching adults. It is quite a change, but you'll be great.
I am a little slow on catching up and am excited to see you are having another baby!!
Post a Comment