Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Part 1

I don't have a lot of Valentine's decor, but thought I'd share what I do have.

I love these dessert plates. We had some divine berry cobbler on them last night, and they'll be used several times more this week:

I bought a chipboard read-to-finish Valentine's scrapbook, cut out the L, O, V and E, covered them with luscious papers and made them into a banner with coordinating papers and cardstocks. I turned the chipboard pages into hearts, covered them with paper, and hung them from my dining room light.

These little cuties were part of the Valentine's package I won on Monique's blog (thanks again!). I love them both! Her mom made that darling little cupcake pillow:

I filled my little apothecary jar with sparkly red hearts and pink balls. The hearts were actually little ornaments, I probably should cut off the silver threads:

And, again, my Valentine's wreath. I know I already posted about it, but I think it also needed to live with the other V-Day decs. For those of you who asked, I bought them at Target. They had a larger version with just one heart that I wanted, but waited too long and it was gone. So I bought three of the smaller hearts and strung them together.

Brian and I went on our Valentine's date on Friday, as he has to work this Saturday. Are you braving the crowds on Feb. 14? Being a Saturday, I'm sure it's going to be CRAZY! We went to dinner and then saw "He's Just Not That Into You." Overall, I thought it was OK. I liked some of the story lines, didn't like some others. I did love Ginnifer Goodwin, and I want her hair! She was also in "Walk the Line," one of my all-time favorite movies.

The kiddos are going to a Valentine's Day tea party on Friday, followed by Connor's school party. And we'll do something fun on Saturday as a family. More Valentine's stuff to come later in the week.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Cute decorations! Happy valentines to the Howells.

Anonymous said...

I love all the valentine-y stuff! So cute I need to so stuff like this more.

taradon said...

Love all the Valentine's decorations! I'm always so impressed at how you decorate so nicely for all the holidays.

Lara said...

Fun decorations! I prefer not to use hearts to decorate any other time, but when it is Valentine's Day- I love them!
Have a fun Valentine's! Grace and I are going to make a special dinner for Daddy, Ben, and Emma.

Elizabeth said...

All your valentines things turned out so cute-I kind of dropped the ball for decorations-I better get started on spring.I bet your kids love it!

Paula said...

Very cute pictures as usual, I will look forward to seeing them in person.

Thekla and Grayson said...

I love the love