1. I am HAPPY that Brian took the day off on Wednesday to work on our taxes, thus affording me an afternoon to wander and do as I pleased; I just don't do that very often. I headed to Boulder, which always makes me HAPPY. I drove up Boulder Canyon a ways, and spent some quiet time sitting next to a mountain stream. Quiet, contemplative thinking time is delicious to me. I also shopped the afternoon away. I am HAPPY with my new candle from Bath and Body Works, Pineapple Orchid. The scent is heavenly, and the pale pink color is divine.
I could have bought just about everything in Ann Taylor Loft. I did get a super cute shirt, but......I am SAD that this lovely number didn't fit me perfectly. This season's orchid color is stunning. I might have to get it anyway; why oh why didn't this one come in petite? I can often get away with regular shirts, but this one didn't hit me quite right. Darn shortness.

2. I am HAPPY that Cadbury Creme Eggs are back in stores...
...but SAD that my new Weight Watchers regimen doesn't allow much room for them. Do you think it counts as points if I just lick one?3. I am HAPPY that I started jogging again, and have gone 3 or 4 times each week for the past 4 weeks. I haven't been regular with my jogging since before having Lucas. Jogging is therapy for me; the physical and emotional rewards are many. A few problems areas have already tightened up a tad, and my first week on WW dropped me 3 pounds. Nothing sad 'bout that.
4. I am SAD that the economy continues to worsen. It has hit hard a number of friends and family, and dealt a big blow to my little hometown yesterday. I don't hold out a lot of hope that the stimulus plan is going to magically turn things around, I think time unfortunately is going to be one of the biggest factors here. And Brian's company is suspending dental insurance for a year, grrrr...
...but I am HAPPY we have a job.
5. I am HAPPY that Danny Gokey and Alexis Grace advanced to the top 12 on American Idol, but...
... I am SAD that Anoop didn't. I love Anoop. I *might* have a slight crush on him.
6. I am HAPPY that I had a fun dinner with some good friends last evening, whom I hadn't seen in a while, but...
... I am SAD that the chips and salsa did me in. As in I had a moment of weakness. But I will press on.
7. I am SAD that Isabel's dance teacher is moving away and is only teaching Isabel's class for 2 more weeks. Miss Belinda is fabulous, very spunky and energetic and makes dance class a most fun place for little girls to be. She and Isabel get along famously, but...

... I am HAPPY that the new teacher has an amazing background and has taught dance all over the world. And we are getting her at a rec-center price! From our little class newsletter, "Ms. Phan (pronounced Fawn) has taught jazz, tap, hip-hop and ballet in London and Paris for the World Dance Conference, and was the top selected choreographer to teach in Korea at Euro Disney. Ms. Phan has been all over the U.S. and has directed, performed and choreographed hundreds of shows. She is the daughter of the fabulous Ms. Kit Andree, and has studied with teachers and Broadway stars such as Luigi, Bob Fosse and Thommie Walsh (2-time Tony Award Winner).
Impressive background, but I really hope she is as fun, because that's my main concern for a 3-year-old.
Have a HAPPY weekend!
9 comments:
Love the list! I, too, was a Cadbury creme egg fan until after my mission when I received a carton of them for Easter...I'm afraid that cured the craving for many years and they have become but a fond memory. :) Can't wait to go smell the new BB scent-- sounds citrus and light!
Great list! I wish I had a little mountain stream to contemplate next to. So nice. I also can't wait to smell the candle. I LOVE their scents. Have a great weekend! And aren't chips and salsa a vegetable??? CORN chips and veggies in the salsa. It can't be that bad, right?
Fun post! I am also SAD about the economy, but HAPPY that it is almost spring. I look forward to any day above freezing.
Fun list! Some days, I feel a bit mixed up too. I love the pink candle- Grace and I will have to go check it out! I am SAD about the economy, but am hopeful that with time it will improve.
I agree with Kristina- corn chips and salsa are nothin' but veggies- no points there.
Lick away, Melissa, Lick away.
So fun!
I too am HAPPY that Cadbury Creme Eggs are back...but so sad I can't eat them. Danny Gokey is one of my favorites so far too.
I'm at least glad that for every sad thing, you had a happy thing to match it-it would be a very depressing list without any of the happy little things that make a difference. I'm glad you had such a nice day out to enjoy yourself and fill your bucket. We should all do that more often-don't ya think?
I love this post! Thanks for sharing it.
I love reading your thoughts of the day and take on life as it happens. I am not good at sharing and expressing, something I know I should work on.
I love this post idea... would you hate me if I stole it? YOU are cute! Loved your list, and was thinking "ditto" on a lot of them. :)
Post a Comment