Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Surviving summer

Adjusting to life with three children has made summer zip by. With the arrival of child #3, I have realized even more: a) a sad fact: a baby's time as a newborn goes very quickly and b) a happy fact: a baby's time as a newborn goes very quickly. Especially with two other little ones, my days are filled with work, laughter, tears, dirty diapers, laundry, cooking, cleaning, nursing, playing, and more. I went into this summer with the goal of simply "surviving it." I set a small goal, and therefore I think I'm accomplishing it! Life as a mom is something I never could have imagined, in so many ways. I love those three little faces, even when they are filled with dirt, spaghetti sauce, ice cream, play-doh, spit-up or whatever else, and even when they are giving me dirty looks or sassy remarks. I'm really trying to savor this crazy time, while hoping we settle into some kind of a routine before long, as I'm a routine girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa! I have not entered the world of blogging..however, I have entered the world of myspace! Your summer sounds a lot like mine! A baby definately shakes things up a bit--but I would not change it for the world either:)Love your pictures--ADORABLE kiddos!