Friday, April 15, 2011

10 months

Mason was 10 months earlier this month (on the 4th).

A little bit about him at this busy, fun, constantly moving age-

At bedtime he often tries to drink his bottle through his pacifier. This amuses us all, until we feel badly for him and remove his pacifier so he can drink.

One of his very favorite things right now is the dishwasher. No matter where he is or what he is doing, when he hears the dishwasher open he flies across the floor and tries to unload the dishes in a flurry of loud, clanging activity. I usually put a stop to it right away, but every now and then I take out all the sharp or glass objects and then let him go to town. It's quite the sight.

He can stand on his own, cruises furniture, and a couple of days ago he took his first step! That puts him on track to be my earliest walker. The other children all love taking turns helping Mason walk around the house; it's really cute.

We all just adore this little boy. He is full of life, energetic, dynamic, curious, loves to go on walks and be outside, loves to play and explore, loves to entertain his family, loves to play a ball game with daddy, squeals with delight and crawls with major gusto to Brian when he comes home from work (which has subsequently wrapped Brian around Mason's little finger in an extreme way), is very into cause-and-effect, and just is an all-around delight. Except for putting EVERYTHING in his mouth and being a high-maintenance crawler. When he's awake I don't get much done right now. And I have a lot to get done. But wow, he sure is a love.

3 comments:

Kristina said...

What a cutie! His standing picture makes me laugh because he just looks so short. Like a really little man standing up. I do think it may be time for a haircut! But I am definitely not one to talk!!!! Love you Mason!

The Frosts said...

Such a cute, cute boy. Who looks just like his dad/brothers. I love that he tries to eat through his paci! And cannot believe he is walking. Stop growing up little man!!!!

The Frosts said...

PS = I missed your giveaway post
:( but please, please, please help me make a flower pillow when I'm there this summer. TDF. For real.