The aforementioned breakfast:

and dessert was molten lava cakes-

we had a fun family night with dinner, that dessert, singing, taking turns telling each family members things we love about him or her (made my heart glad hearing what everyone had to say about their family members), and playing a bean bag toss game that I made; it was so simple, but the kids loved it and spent a lot of time playing in the days leading up to V-day, and I also used it for a couple of their parties. I made 3 heart-shaped bean bags, painted a cupcake on some foam board, and cut out a circle:


And of course, there were parties. I hosted Lucas' playgroup party; we played the bean bag toss game, had gummy berry hearts that I made with pureed strawberries (double yum!), did a craft and exchanged Valentine's. I adore Lucas' playgroup; they are an awesome group of boys. Seriously never any fighting, great imaginations, super well-behaved, just awesome boys.



Connor's 2nd grade party was a very low-key event, as they have been super busy preparing for a big event at school tonight. Just cupcake decorating and a Valentine exchange, perfect. One of the things that makes Connor's heart the happiest is his teacher this year, Mrs. R. Mine too. I fear we may go the rest of his academic life and never again encounter a teacher as amazing as her.



Isabel's preschool party included playing the bean bag toss, cookie decorating, and a Valentine's exchange-






I'm sad I never got a picture of Valentine's Mason, or of all the kids together. And I'm pretty sure we're going to need to eat broccoli for a week straight to cleanse our systems from all the sugar.
4 comments:
Great festivities! I am glad you all got to celebrate so much. And you did have a picture of Mason on his stomach in the background. He was probably going to eat some crumbs. Very fitting.
I wish I was as fun and creative as you with holidays!
Holy wow! You guys had a BUSY, crazy day! Love all your pics of your sweet kiddos - that one of Isabel on the bottom is esp. great!Happy heart day to you guys!
You are the queen of all things Holiday. Next year I'm spending valentine's day at your house. ;)
Post a Comment