Mason experiences new happenings by the day, like feeding himself spaghetti, thus providing the requisite messy spaghetti baby face picture:

and sportin' shades-
and discovering that perhaps his very favorite thing in the whole world is bath time. He loooooves to lay on his back and frog kick so hard it's a veritable rainfall from the sheet amount of water everywhere. I took a video, but Brian think it's inappropriate b/c the washcloth won't stay in the money spot from all the moving he does. So I won't share. The other day he put his face under the water and blew bubbles. Water baby for sure. And he has learned to stand up on his own while holding onto something. I figured a baby bum from the back is OK. And even though he's small - we're talking 5th percent for weight - he does manage to have a few rolls. I'll take it! Yum, yum and yum!
and graduating from army crawling to the real deal! Although this act has not been much repeated since it happened last week, but where there was once crawling so shall there be again.
Numbers
Nothing very new on the Lucas front, but I will share that his favorite number is "a million a thousand one hundred and nine." Said just like that. All the time. No idea where a 3 year old would come up with that number.
She's walking into spiderwebs
Internet spider webs, that is. Isabel's favorite new activity is surfing the Web. Connor taught her and Lucas how to do a Web search. They can be found often huddled together over the computer researching the asteroid belt and various other space objects, or a number of other subjects. And Isabel has really taken to it. She's been getting on the computer a lot and searching for any word she can think of to spell: ostrich, zebra, colors, names, and so on. It has gotten interesting.She'll click from picture to picture and open new windows at every whim, resulting in sometimes 20 or more windows open. I keep teaching her to close windows before opening new ones.
But the bigger issue is the things upon which she has stumbled. Some examples: searching "pink," her fave color, brought her to the singer PINK's web page. A search for "Lucas" brought her to a page about Corey Haim in the movie "Lucas." Sometimes she'll just enter a number multiple times; as you might imagine, "6666666666666" brought up a lot of scary things of a witchcraft and other dark nature.
But here's the best thus far: I checked on her the other day to see what she was doing and found her on a bunch of marijuana pages: cannabis info, legalize marijuana pages, how to grow weed, and other pages of the sort. I'm all like, "what the...???" and then discovered she has searched the word "pot." I hope we are not being watched.
And this is where Brian and I are scrambling to implement parental controls. And this is also a reminder of how amazing and wonderful the Internet can be, and how dangerous and evil as well.
Check Mate
Last week Connor won all three of his matches at Chess Club! First time he's done that. He was beaming.
And his prayer last night: "Please bless daddy that he can have a nice rest of his life without any grandparents on the earth."
3 comments:
Seriously tearing up at that last quote. What sweet children you have.
We definitley need to implement parental controls, too. It's quite sad what a simple search can turn up. "Chinese dance costume" was way more xxx rated than I expected!
You have such intelligent, imaginative children! I am laughing at the Pot/internet story, and loving the cute baby Mason pictures. Life at your house is never boring. :)
Post a Comment