Mike and Paula dropped off the kiddos at 7 a.m. on Friday, and I brought them to another friend on Saturday morning. I have to say, for having 6 kids, it went great! The girls especially had a blast; Isabel rejoiced in non-stop girl fun.
Playing Candyland:

The boy slumber fest:

And the girls:

Breakfast (aka proof that we survived the night). I totally had Rachel and Juliana figured out the day they arrived based on their outfits, but once they changed into matching PJs, and then the next morning, I had to keep asking who was who. But I felt better at breakfast when even Joseph couldn't tell his sisters apart. It would be quite an experience having identical twins!

The girls having to say goodbye. I kid you not, Isabel shed big ole' tears when they left. Between the girls, I heard things exchanged like, "I'll always remember you!" and "I love you!" and "Don't forget to write!" I had to remind them that we live in the same metro area and they will see each other again before too long. :)

I'm Living in Lego Land
In other news, Brian came home with a fancy new toolbox a few days ago and asked me to guess what it was for. "Uh, tools?" Nope. "Fishing gear?" Nope. I was glad when he tired of the guessing game and just came out with it. "Legos!" he said. And subsequently, all three of my boys have died and gone to organized-Lego heaven. Legos are huge in my house. Lucas even has gotten really good at them, and he and Connor will play Legos together for HOURS. Now they are organized by color, purpose, etc. Um, whatever works I guess.


Connor's Lego-building abilities continue to impress. He will follow instructions, but prefers to freestyle build. Over the weekend, he constructed this fire station that houses two fire trucks. It's difficult to capture the detail, but he has lots of nifty little details/contraptions throughout the station that are most amazing.



And yes, Connor is back at school. I don't think his lungs are 100% yet, but he's doing much better.
6 comments:
Brave of you, especially with a recovering sickie and your stage of pregnancy! But it sounds like it was great fun. :)
What a good friend you are! Sometimes (depending on the children) I think it is actually easier to have friends over, because they keep my kids entertained so I can get things done.
Love the lego organizing project! Right up my alley...
I'm impressed with Connors mad lego skills.
Looks like a great time! I am glad Isabel had a good first sleepover. Connor's fire station rocks!!!
The lego tackle box! I'm stealing that idea. (It is similar to the Caboodle for girls...) And the sleepover party looked like fun. I am sure that it was a win-win for all involved.
I have to agree, very brave of you, thanks so much for all your help with the kids, I cannot thank you enough and I am glad everything went well.
Does it make you want to have a couple more babies? LOL. I kid. You are a sweet friend. Love the Lego pictures. Our boys would have so much fun together!
Post a Comment