Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More bedroom

My bedroom makeover may be a slow process, but what I have thus far makes me tremendously happy.

I already showed you this little beauty of a pillow-

Here are the other pillows-

And the bed as a whole. We've had our bedroom set since we got married almost 9 years ago. I'd pick something totally different now, but have to work with what I've got.

When my friend Monique suggested a wall art project involving canvases and vinyl, I knew I had to do it. So I bought three canvases - debated square, but very happy I went with rectangle - and purchased a vinyl print from Etsy of a branch with flowers and a bird in the colors I wanted that would fit my canvases a whole. I spray painted the canvases- and am VERY pleased with how well the spray paint ended up matching my grayish/brown color (the paint is called London Gray). Then I applied the vinyl, and cut it between each canvas. Oh, sweet mercy - they make me giddy. I truly love the result, although I can see that one needs to be slightly lowered...


My next project is my nightstands; as you can see, we are missing a lamp, which broke, and in general they need some excitement.

And if you like a good makeover - and who doesn't love some eye candy - check out my friend Monique's recent bedroom makeover. Seriously gorgy.

8 comments:

Diana Beck McCarty said...

Oh, my gosh I LUUUUUV what you've done! Is that Any Butler fabric you're using?
One of my new years resolutions was to learn to sew--for reasons like doing my rooms up so darling like yours!

Susan said...

LOVE the pillows and wall hanging! You are so creative! My room desperately needs a makeover but it's just too overwhelming to think about.

We have the SAME EXACT bedroom furniture, btw. And just like you, I would like something different but I can't justify spending the $$ to do it! :)

Colleen said...

Love the canvas panels! I'm toying with doing just one (big one) with some fabric.

Melissa said...

Thanks girls! Yes, it is Amy Butler fabric. And the camera doesn't do it all justice - the pillows and canvases are SO much prettier in person.

Kristi said...

I am smitten with your canvases! We are doing a make-over of Lily's room for her 11th B-day, and I'm filing that one in the idea folder, for her. LOVE.

The Frosts said...

Squeeeeeeel!! Yay! The canvas turned out SOOOO cute!!!! I love it with your amazing pillows. Love the fabric and they all look so good together. I need to get into my new house and then see if I can somehow incorporate the canvas idea in my bedroom. Thanks for the shoutout about my room. I think yours looks amazing!!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful Melissa! I love it all!

Karl said...

Nice work. How relaxing to enjoy your new bedroom. --Jen