



Brian really wanted to make popcorn balls with the kiddos, so he headed up this activity while we watched "The Polar Express."


Connor continues to develop great Lego abilities; building Legos is one of his most favorite things to do. Usually he is more of a freestyle builder, but today he built this tractor entirely on his own while following the "constructions" (instructions). He was soooooo proud of himself.

After a rather cold and snowy Fall and early Winter, the past couple of weeks had really warmed up and dried out, to the point where we had pretty much now snow. But a storm came through last night. It's been snowing since last night, and is supposed to snow through Christmas. Hooray! I need a white Christmas. So pretty.
We've been listening to lots of Christmas music. Connor's favorite is "The Little Drummer Boy." Isabel loves the Madonna version of "Santa Baby" (why, I don't know; I don't care for it). Lucas loves "Jingle Bells" and "Let It Snow." I love anything that ISN'T "The Christmas Shoes," Gloria Estefan's "Christmas Through Your Eyes" or Natalie Cole's "Grown-Up Christmas List." I almost have to change the station when those songs come on.
Straight No Chaser's "12 Days of Christmas" ALWAYS makes me smiles. I could watch the Africa part over and over and over again. Love.
Have a wonderful, happy, safe and blessed Christmas!
8 comments:
That is so cool, that Santa came.
What a fun surprise visit!
What a nice surprise! I am sure you were relieved when you knew why sirens were blaring in your neighborhood. And I have many more songs on my really don't like list. Merry Christmas!
Your 3 no-go Christmas songs make me laugh, I feel the same about all 3 of them! Add Feliz Navidad, and "Last Christmas I gave you my heart..." (ugh!) to the list. I have to do CD's, Christmas Radio is usually painful.
Christmas will be so fun with your darling littles. Merry Christmas!
I so agree with you on the Christmas and shoes song. Ugh. We have been listening to my favorites: The Muppets with John Denver, Karen Carpenter, and Justin's favorite Celtic women (he's in love with all the Celtic women) Merry Christmas!
That's one of my favorite songs this year. I was a little slow on the uptake as I guess they were popular last year and I didn't discover them until this year. But I always get a good laugh listening...so thanks for the good laugh! Merry Christmas and lots of love from us!
Loved the commentary on the Christmas songs! Did you get your white Christmas wish?
I hate that Christmas Shoe song, such a downer when you are supposed to feel happy. What is the point of crying when you are decorating the tree and fun stuff like that? The visit from Santa was super cute as well.
Post a Comment