We had a fun lunch, and then headed downtown for the performance. We've been listening to the music and reviewed the story so she would know what was happening. She loved every minute of it! It was so much more fun that I even imagined. My daughter is a delightfully charming and fun little date. Love her to pieces and them some. She is just so full of life and excitement and joy and expression. Positively adore spending time with her.
She LOVED these ballerina figurines at the opera hall where the performance was held, and kept posing in front of them.
Waiting for it to start-
During the performance she leaned over to me and said, "this is so fun! I love this!" And when it was over she flitted and fluttered and flounced her way to the van and announced that her new name is "Isabel the Nutcracker Dancer." What a fabulous day.There's been a coyote hanging out behind our house in the wee hours of the morning. I couldn't resist snapping some shots as the first sunlight hit him with the backdrop of the snowy mountains.


My cute and clever friend Jen hosted a little lunch and project party last week. I went simply to hang out, but then she taught us how to make these fabulous paper balls. They are made of 20 2-inch circles, with the edges folded in thirds and then glued together. I have been thinking of different possibilities for these (a Valentine topiary? Halloween ones to hang from my black branches?)-

Made these fun little gifts for the girls I visit teach. It's simply a 4-pack of soda pop in glass bottles. Empty the soda from 2 of them; fill one with popcorn and the other with candy. Cover the cardboard box with different Christmas paper and make a gift tag. Voila! A festive movie night snack pack. These were super fun to make.


I've had a few requests for this, my mom's cherry bread recipe. This was a big Christmas tradition when I was growing up; we had it every year at Christmastime. My mom usually has a freezer full, as we all still love it.
Mom's Cherry Bread
Mix ingredients in this order:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
10 ounce bottle of maraschino cherries, chopped (and drained, but reserve the juice)
1/2 cup reserved cherry juice (if necessary, add water to get to 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix, and divide dough between two greased bread pans. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


Warning: it is likely to produce very satisfied customers.



9 comments:
Oh my gosh. That VT gift has got my heart ALL aflutter. Adorable, adorable, adorable. Totally copying that one. Would be a great teacher gift with a Blockbuster card too. Swoooooon.
Ok, and the Nutcracker!! I'm sooo happy she loved it. I knew she would. You guys look darling together. I did not even see those dancer figures when we were there. Did she get to meet any of the performers?
A big second on that VT gift idea! I might have to steal it also. Man, I need more time in my day to do all the cute ideas I see online.
Plus, I LOVE that coyote pic. Very moody and cool. Sounds like you guys are having a fun month.
I love that pop bottle idea too! Very fun! I wish I could get inside your brain for just a short while so I could get some good ideas! You have some great talent!
You always have such wonderful, crafty ideas. LOVE the movie night snack pack!
I'm so glad you guys had such fun at the Nutcracker - can't wait for our turn this week!
Thanks oohhh so much for that cherry bread recipe. I can see it being a huge hit in the Call house. Addy loves those cherries. I'm glad you had a nice Mommy/daughter day. Those are fun times.
I will definitely be stealing your VT idea! So.fun!!
That coyote behind your house is cool in a semi-creepy way. Harmless though, I assume?
Nutcracker is a fun tradition for a sweet little ballerina like Isabel. Of course she loved it!!
Merry Christmas! I love the Nutcracker too. We took the whole family last year and enjoyed it a lot. We are not going this year as our theater budget is way up already for this next year. Have you seen the line up? It should be some good ones.
What a fun girls trip to the Nutcracker. My daughter went with her school on a field trip and I was bummed that I didn't get picked to chaperone.
Hopefully I won't be posting any pictures from our backyard of the cougar that is on the loose in our area!
Cute pictures, what a fun date with Isabel. You guys both look so pretty for your day out, very festive.
Post a Comment