Friday, September 25, 2009

He's a lot of love

I am loving having some quality time with Lucas. He is just a delightful little boy, full of love, fun to talk to, just all around my heart's delight (they all are, but, this is a Lucas post). Crazy in love with him. As his vocabulary and speaking have skyrocketed, his tantrums from the spring/early summer have drastically decreased. Nice.

For starters, he is TOTALLY potty trained, at 27 1/2 months. He hasn't had one single accident OF ANY SORT in a week. He naps in underwear and wakes up dry. I can take him out in public now and he'll go in any public restroom (gross sometimes, but necessary). After my 3 days of cold-turkey trying a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't feeling all that encouraged. So I decided to back off and wait a few months before trying again. But then he just started telling me every time he went in his diaper, and I thought it was worth going for again, and since that point, he's basically had it down. Loving it. Loving it. Loving it. My first time in 6 YEARS that I have not had to buy diapers, and that includes a 1-year overlap between C and I, and a 10-month overlap between I and L. So that's almost 8 years of diapers if you want to get technical. What freedom!

Love this video of him. Can you tell what movie continues to have an impact in my home?

(yes, he's repeatedly saying, "ET phone home." He also likes to say, "I'm ET. 'Beeeeee gooooooooood'" in that shaky, weird ET voice.)

And some of the hazards of time with Isabel and I: pink toenails (Brian was none too pleased about that) and earrings:

And a few Lucas sayings/quotes/happenings:

As I was patting his little bum (which is so cute without a diaper!), I said, "hi little bums!" He replied, very seriously, "mom, widdle bums don't talk."

We were walking to the bus stop to get Connor on a very windy day, and Lucas said, "howy mowy it windy." (translation: holy moly it's windy)

Our little greeting these days: Me: "hey you Luke!" Him: "hey you mom!"

He loves the word "delicious" and uses it whenever he can.

He saw a statue of the Savior at my friend's house, and said, "look, mom, it's Yesus! I wuv Yesus!"

He seems to be getting his reds and greens down, so I'm feeling less concerned.

He can count to 14 consistently, and recognizes several letters consistently.

He has memorized a number of books and reads them out loud to himself; this is SO deliciously cute I can't get enough of it. He also sings a bunch of songs. Again, extreme cuteness.

I could just eat him up.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Go sweet boy! I hope Nolan will take a page out of Lucas' book when we are ready to really potty train. Cute stuff.

The Calverts said...

Love all the Lucas-isms! I laughed out loud when I read about "widdle bums" not talking. Congrats on the successful potty training! Isn't this a great age?

Mom H. said...

Congrats on your new-found freedom! It is grand, indeed! Hooray for Lucas! And hooray for mom!
I have a picture of Isabel in those same earrings - one of my favorite photos of all time!!

Love,
Mom H

The Frosts said...

WOOOHOOO on the potty training. You could be done forever. Jealous. I can't wait to be there myself! He is for sure a cutie and I love hearing all about the things he does.