Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What Connor has been up to

Connor has spent a good part of the summer with a bug net in one hand, and his bug house in the other. Truly a bug boy to the core! I think he might be an entomologist for Halloween. It would be an easy costume! He just loves bugs, and has no fear of bugs. He even toyed with the idea of trying to catch a yellowjacket, and I was finally able to talk him out of it. So much for his fear of the stinkin' things.

The latest residents of his bug house include: a spider, a HUGE beetle, a grasshopper and a ladybug - all at the same time! I kept wondering whom would be whose dinner.



Also, Connor has fast become friends with Kyle, the neighbor boy down the street who is also in his Primary class. They will both be in kindergarten at the same school next month. I am praying they are in the same class; letters with day/class assignments arrive soon, so we'll see. Yesterday Kyle was here for the afternoon, and they had a great time for the most part. I do think 5-year-old boys can be wacky, funny, crazy busy, and a little naughty, and two of them together - well, that's a whole new level of activity! Here they are taking a popsicle break.

Last Saturday, the Primary did a super cute Pioneer activity, where they visited several locations along the Mormon Trail, dressed as Pioneers, did cute activities, had a Pioneer parade, and enjoyed homemade ice cream. I am so grateful for Primary!


3 comments:

Lara said...

Connor seems to be having a great summer! I hope for your sake he never attempts to catch a yellow jacket, although to me the spider and beetle would be even worse. Yay for new friends and fun Primary activities!

Tee said...

It's nice that you didnt have to plan this activity!! How neat for Connor to have a buddy his age just down the street :)

Kristina said...

It is good that you didn't have to plan the activity. You could enjoy it as a parent! Maybe Connor's fear lessening can help him Mother, too. Well, we can hope, right? BTW, have you gotten your new home teachers yet? No correlation to the bug comment or anything. Just wondering.