Here's the drill (This one's kind of interesting...)
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you (if you have a blog).
Play along if you wish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Just last night I was thinking about how all the cousins would get together in Grandpa and Grandma's spooky attic and you would tell us ghost stories. You were the coolest older cousin ever! :)
I remember when we were young and used to play Mary and Marilyn, and you always got to be Mary because it was the best name, and you were the oldest. We used to get our paychecks from the radio tower on the way to town, and went on cruises in the sauna.
Another memory (mostly through pictures) is when we were playing beauty shop. Do you remember this? You cut my bangs off (after saying "I won't really cut your hair while holding REAL scissors in your hands). And then we had a dance recital. Lovely pictures. How long did you hide that day? I could go on and on......
I remember lots of Enrichment committee meetings together... then primary meetings together. I enjoyed planning things with you! Lots of energy and follow through!
First, you know I love you! But, my FAVORITE memory of you - okay maybe not favorite but definitely the MOST HILARIOUS was when we were working at TCH together and went to Tommy Thai's for lunch - and I'm sure you remember the rest! You barfed in my car!! :) Albeit, you were pregnant with Connor, so that's the excuse... but I still laugh just thinking about it! Good thing it was a rental car. Love you! OXOXOXO
(I probably won't post this tag to my blog 'til next week - so check back to play along w/ me!)
I remember lots of things, like as you mentioned, the many late night book clubs. I am trying to remember one of the first memories...I remember when you told us, the enrichment committee, that you were pregnant. I remembered well because it was only a few weeks after I was due.
I have a few (like swimming outside in the winter in Keystone), but the best is having our firstborn babies born on the same day less than an hour apart.
I remember a lot about primary (of course!), but one time that you spent a good half hour on the phone with me to help me through my cub scout confusions. (We'll call it confusions!!) It was really helpful and comforting :)
Okay, there are many memories. But I think one I will remember for a long time, because it gave me such a great laugh. Maybe it hasn't been long enough for you to laugh yet, but hopefully you can someday. I will keep it brief, as to not embarass you further. Anyway, we're working in primary and talking about something when news comes that Isabel has had an accident in nursery. It was an eventful clean up! Missing you. Hopefully we can get together soon. I am glad you had a fun trip.
I remember many things but what sticks out in my mind was coming out to see you Colorado. It was so fun to see where you were living and meet your friends. I even remember going through the corn maze. That was a blast. Oh yea, and that night someone made a comment about how many moquitos there were and you and I looked at each other and just laughed.
I remember going to Rodizio Grill for Valentines Day with a bunch of us from the ward...did we work in YW together?...I rmember that you love Stevie Nicks... and great conversations--You are so easy and fun to talk to! I miss you!
It is so hard to choose just one when there are so many entertaining ones. I don't know how much you care to be embarrassed. Seeing that I just posted to a bug topic, my mind is stuck. I remember when you were a little girl taking a shower. We had been out hiking that morning. All of a sudden, you ran SCREAMING out of the bathroom. We all thought something horrible must have happened. You were absolutely histerical. Well, finally you calmed enough to yell, "Woodtick! Get it off!" and then continued to scream. Dad saved the day and we all had a good laugh. Did I say you were a little girl? Oh, wait. I think that was just a few years ago. Hee hee hee. I guess with your phobias, Connor really must become an Entomologist.
Post a Comment