Day 3 was Friday, which also happened to be Valentine's Day. In the morning, we drove to Long Beach to visit Brian's Uncle Jim and Aunt Cathy, and also his cousin Catie, who was in town on business. We had a great visit at their house; I thoroughly enjoyed picking lemons from their lemon trees and bringing them home; their bright yellow happiness and fragrant aroma, not to mention the lemony things I made, reminded me of our trip after we returned home. We went to lunch with his relatives, and also drove by the home used as Ferris Bueller's house in the movie; it is in the same neighborhood as Jim and Cathy.
From Long Beach, we drove to Seal Beach and played on the beach for the afternoon-
Then we drove a few more minutes down the road and found ourselves at Huntington Beach, where we spent the rest of the day and watched the sun go down. It was so warm for February, the water was warm, it was a dreamy, relaxing day spent with sand and surf. I didn't want to leave the ocean that night! We also had a bonfire on the beach with s'mores, something I have always wanted to do. It would have been better had it been a quiet bonfire with no one else around, but there were plenty of rowdy younger people. We had a great time anyway.
We drove back to Seal Beach for a late dinner, and at Taco Surf, which was par for the course; we realized after our trip that we had some sort of Mexican food every day. It's our fave, and I don't think I could ever tire of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment