Friday, April 26, 2013

Lucas update

Lucas just makes me smile often. Although I technically don't have a middle child, he most closely fits the bill, in birth order (middle boy at least, and one of the two in the middle, but with Isabel as only girl, well,...) as well as in personality. For the most part he's a pretty chill, laid-back, go-with-the-flow kid. But he does have a real temper, and when it is activated, watch out!

For the most part he's a hilarious person. Finds humor in almost everything. Loves to play and be silly, but also is very kindhearted.


He has had a great kindergarten year. Has learned to read, writes really well (a definite strong suit for him - he has beautiful handwriting), is so well behaved, his teacher says he's pretty much a dream student. This was his teacher's comment about his writing: 'Term 2 Comments: Lucas is doing a phenomenal job spelling words phonetically and using proper writing conventions." And her overall comment: "Term 2 Comments: Lucas continues to be a role model and leader for every subject! Keep up your hard work, Lucas!"
Earlier in the school year he received an award for goal achieving, and got to have lunch with his teacher, Miss M, and the principal and other awards winners (and me).

He has made new friends, and says art is his favorite special. He is really good at drawing. I realize he's still only 5 with many formative years ahead, but I could totally see him as an architect or something along those lines. I love watching my kids' talents and interests develop, and can't wait to see where they will take each of them. Here are a couple of his drawings that I love- an owl, and a sea creature with a lantern fish deep in the depths-



Lucas loves his siblings, and has a good relationship with each of them. He and Connor have really become close this past year, and love to hang out and build Legos together and other crazy boy things. He and Isabel love to play imagination games together. He and Mason have a more up-and-down thing going, where they can play well together but also fight (sometimes caused by Mason being the annoying little brother and sometimes caused by Lucas being the bossy big brother).
Lucas currently is my best picker-upper. If I ask him to pick up a room, he will get it done quickly, and nicely. 

He also loves creepy, tough, toys. He got some Lego Monster Fighters for Christmas, which have been a treasured possession since. He also loves superhero stuff, building, drawing, reading (mostly very boyish books, especially his Lego Monster Fighters Meet the Monsters book), playing, fishing, and video games. And some other very interesting-looking toys that he loves dearly-


Lucas didn't do any extracurriculars this year (we generally don't during the kindergarten year), but looks forward to a second summer of T-ball.

I really love this beautiful boy. He brings a very humorous touch to our family, and also much love. He is good about doing service for others, and is just such a fun boy to be around. And I am forever smitten with his beautiful face and those enormous blue eyes. I envision him a heartbreaker one day!

No comments: