Friday, November 4, 2011

My birthday

Sharing a birthday with Brian is pretty much cool every day of the year... except October 29. This year, my fun friends threw me a birthday party costume dinner, and it was fabulous! I loved going out with the girls and just celebrating me. No offense to my husband. I love him. But I loved having my own celebration.

I dressed as a geisha. I made the skirt out of a tablecloth I found at a thrift store, and found the shirt at the same thrift store and pieced the rest of it together. It was great to see everyone's costumes! I have some amazingly talented and creative friends. We went to Hacienda, and I was seriously spoiled all around. A night to remember for sure. And perhaps the start of a new birthday tradition!

Thanks to all you girls for the memories!

The actual day of our birthday low-key: Brian had to work a long day, but I loved all the calls from family and friends, and I made a compromise birthday cake: coconut tres leches cake. Yum. No matter how you slice it, here we are, another year older.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm glad your friends celebrated you in such style! Great costume - I can't believe you pulled that together. Happy, Happy Birthday to one of the best. :)

Amy said...

Glad it was a fun day!!!