In the middle of it all I know Brian and I have attended some fabulous parties; our family went to a beautiful, spiritual Nativity display; we've decked the halls, albeit in a more subdued manner; we attended the service-oriented ward Christmas party; we've watched Christmas movies and listened to Christmas music; we've shopped for, purchased and wrapped gifts. And I've made a few things, although the list is rather short. I'll share the few things I have managed to make:
Barely got this done today, still have some finishing touches/embellishing to do. But you get the idea:

I made this stuffed owl for Isabel for Christmas (sans pattern, which is probably why he ended up with horns instead of ears). She saw a darling stuffed owl and bird display in a boutique window, and fell in love. I hope she will love this-

Not a new idea, but a prettied-up hand sanitizer (plus bookstore gift card) makes a great teacher gift any day-

More pretty burned-edge fabric flowers as gifts-
And that's about it.The children have made plenty of their own holiday projects, including these custom Grinch and Max the dog costumes hand-crafted by Connor. Special. Especially the old PJs with holey knees, but he needed something red b/c he didn't have big enough paper to make an entire Santa suit.

Amazing thing is, no matter how much extra we do or how stripped down our December is, the 25th still comes and brings the peace and joy of the Savior's birth, and we celebrate it with those we love most. This is ultimately all that matters.
Hope yours is a beautiful Christmas. Ours most surely will be a white one.
5 comments:
Thanks for the Christmas card. It was very cute and fun to get. I still love getting things, other than bills, in the mail. It is almost obsolete, so when something fun comes, I love it! Thanks
I'm sorry about the sleep-deprivation. I am USELESS if I don't get enough sleep. I hate feeling tired. Here's hoping those teeth peek through, and Mason suddenly becomes a champion sleeper!
Oh, I also feel your pain about the weather. Our temps haven't been even close to 70, but we've had spare snow, and what comes melts quickly. Today has been raining. Gah. I'm surprised how affected I am by Christmas snow, or in this case, the lack of Christmas snow.
Your Christmas WILL be magical, because all of your kids are at a magical age. Enjoy! This is the best week of the year. (IMHO) ;)
So sorry about the sleep regression. I swear my kids were all over the map sleepwise until about 1 year old. Maybe he is having a growth spurt. Love seeing your craftiness - that owl is amazing as is everything else. I hope you guys have a safe and wonderful trip! Hugs!
Hope you guys are having a good trip, got there safe. All the snow is staying in the mountains right now.
This is the greatest blog ever
Post a Comment