Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6 months, Santa, and we have a winner(s)

Mason. 6 months old (on the 4th). Unbelievable. But here we are.

Happy. Teething (and as a result, newly unhappy and unsleeping). Sweet. Rolling. Grabbing. Laughing. Snuggly. Playful. Loved. And loved some more.

And small. At his 6-month appt yesterday he was 14 pounds 11 ounces, placing him squarely in the 5th percent. Par for the course. All my boys have been there at one time, and Isabel has spent her entire existence below the growth curve. Whaddya do? He's healthy, and has some meat on his face and thighs, so doctor said he's fine.

And his eyes. Oh my heavens, I really don't know how to account for it but we have some crazy formula for gorgeous-eyed kids. Actually, I think Mason and Isabel have the same eyes, that almond shape, intense blue with long, dark lashes, although Mason's seem to be curling more than Isabel's (is it me, or do boys always get the crazy curly lashes???). Sometimes when I look into Mason's eyes I feel like I am looking into baby Isabel's eyes. You be the judge: similar, no?

We attended the winter wonderland carnival at Connor's school on Saturday. It was fun: games, prizes, cakewalk, treats, crafts, visit with Santa. I had originally planned to perhaps use the Santa pic as our Christmas card pick. But Brian and Connor met us there and I didn't bring a chance of clothes for Connor, and also the pics aren't great, so they will reside here on this little blog, tongue, red eyes, and all.

Yesterday I went to register Isabel for kindergarten. When I got to the school, the secretary said, "hey, I think your little one won the candy guess game." I said, "yeah, Lucas won it last year at the winter wonderland." She said, "I mean your daughter. She won it this year." I'm like, are you kidding me??? She wasn't. Of all the hundreds of people at the winter wonderland, Isabel most closely guessed the number of Hershey kisses and candy bars in a jar, and won the whole whopping thing - 269 pieces of candy (she and Brian guessed 261) - and 2 movie tickets. And Lucas (and Brian) won last year. So the Winter Wonderland has only been held for 2 years, and my family has won the candy guess game/candy and movie tickets both years. I couldn't believe it! As we were leaving the school with Isabel's prize, she said, "wow, that was a great kindergarten registration!" I had to let her know that generally when one registers for kindergarten, one is not given a large bag of chocolates. Just so she knows. And then she said, "that sure is a lot of candy for a little girl!" Isabel and candy. Candy and Isabel. It just goes together. But not 269 pieces. Anyone need some chocolate?

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the eyes! I think Mason looks a lot like you! "Great kindergarten registration!" hahaha love it! :)

Janae said...

You are so right about the eyes and the magic formula. I can't believe how big he is. Last time he wasn't much more than a squishy cuddly newborn blob. Your kids are crazy smart when it comes to candy!

Amy said...

Great Santa picks! Congrats to Isabel on the candy winnings.

Colleen said...

Yep, I definitely think Mason and Isabel look a ton alike. It's not just the eyes! Nice work, Isabel! A girl after my own heart. :)

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Well he is just precious. It was very fun to see him. I wish I would've felt better so I could've held him. He still seems so snuggly. I could have enjoyed that. Mine is very squirmy and eager to move on his own. I do get loves though. Thanks for driving all the way down here. It was great to see you. Let's plan that dinner...after Christmas.