This is my new favorite quote. And I definitely know what renews my springs: the gospel, reading, music, nature, dates/trips with Brian, time with girlfriends, craft projects and pretty things.
Lately, it's really been about the pretty things.
For me, pregnancy and early infancy are times when I find it nearly impossible to feel pretty. That whole pregnancy glow thing? Not me. Although I guess my face gets so incredibly round that it shines like the sun. But that's about it.
I find I have been on a pretty search lately: pretty clothes, pretty house stuff, and the like. It's like a pretty quest.
We've seen a number of pretty rainbows the past few weeks; during the monsoons, they were almost a daily occurrence-

A few weeks ago my friends Kristie and Paula and their kids came for a playdate; we spent more than 6 hours together, during which my friends and I gave my house an impromptu makeover, mainly involving stuff I already had, rearranging things, sprucing up old stuff, etc. I've since bought a few things to add. One area I love the most - which I used to hate - is my pretty new mantel. It gladdens my heart.
And that star that used to be there? I truly loathed it there, but it has found a new home in my room, and goes splendidly there! Love it when that happens.My feet feel so very pretty in my new silver flower shoes-

I'm hoping my pretty new pink and silver Asics running shoes-
combined with a little (a lot) of this-
and sprinkled with some of this (trail around our local lake with pretty views)-
will make the rest of me feel pretty.
I would love to decorate a bathroom in pretty B&W damask with pops of apple green...... wear a pretty embellished sweater every crisp day this Fall...
... and learn to make really pretty cupcakes, but only eat them sparingly...
One of my favorite pretty places is this-
the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, one of my favorite cities. I'm hoping it's one of the stops we make when Brian and I (and Mason) spend a weekend in San Francisco next month (squeal with delight!). I'm pretty excited about it!
11 comments:
Cute stuff. Especially the shoes. I still feel not pretty and Parker is 6 months old. Maybe someday, right?
Love, LOVE this post. Love, LOVE pretty things :-)
I love a blog about pretty things :)
SUCH pretty things - you have great taste. Good luck with the running! Those shoes are darling.
I love the mantle. That blue is gorgeous!
Love all the pretty pictures! It was a fun day to do the makeover.
So now I want to come over and view your wedding photos, may I sometime? You look gorgeous and very, very pretty. I love the way you incorporate the pretty into your life. Thanks again for more inspiration.
Great quote! I count your blog among my list of pretty things.
I so hear you on the pregnancy thing. I am so not a cute pregnant person. Sigh. I think you are looking great though - the exercise it paying off. Your house looks great and "fresh" and I love those shoes. Let me warn you against that downeast cardigan. I got it last year and washed it just as the instructions said. It washes up horrible and I have spent an hour ironing those little flowers down. Too bad because it started out dang cute!
Great post! And where did you get those silver flower shoes?!? I must have some. :)
This post was "pretty" entertaining! And I must say inspiring... I am going to be on the search for pretty things too! I've been wanting to pretty up my life too! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POST!
Post a Comment