Now that Lucas has a real cast on (he got it on Friday), life has significantly returned to almost normal. His pain has decreased to almost nothing, with the exception of mornings, when he complains of some pain. He has learned to walk on it and can even get up on furniture, and therefore I don't have to carry him around anymore, and I have been pleasantly surprised to discover that his pants even fit over the cast.He did a perfect job while getting the cast on; just laid there perfectly still. He was super excited to pick a blue cast, his favorite color.
It just solidifies what we know and love about children: how resilient, uplifting, and non-whining they are. He is determined not to be slowed down at all. The biggest challenge has been bath time; because he has a full leg cast, they couldn't do a waterproof one. But Brian has figured out a way to do baths that involves a plastic bag taped over his leg, a chair, and a very small amount of water-
The best news is he only has to have Big Blue on for 3 weeks!
7 comments:
I'm so glad that he's getting around and giving you a break. Thank goodness for kids' fast healing!
Looks like he adapted quickly! And it's great that you don't have to try to carry him around anymore. I'm sure that was hard. He sure is a cutie!
I'm glad that he's doing so well and that it will be for such a short time!
Cool cast, Lucas!
He is adorable. So glad "big blue" is only hanging around for a few weeks. :)
It is amazing how fast little ones can heal. Best wishes!
That is one BIG cast for such a little guy. I'm so glad that he only has to wear it for a few weeks - what a lucky break (pun intended). I'm pretty impressed that he's gone right back to his normal behavior even with a cast on. He's a cutie and I'm so happy he's out of pain. He made me so sad that day in his pain.
He has adapted really well, and leave it up to Brian to come up with a great idea for the bath, that way he stays mostly clean right? Glad things have gotten back to normal around your house again.
Post a Comment