- Brian and Connor spent an afternoon swimming at our fabulous Rec Center. Connor is a fish, and especially loves the water slide.
- A library outing where we read books and did puzzles, puppet shows, and coloring projects
- Picnic lunches, and a cherry Dilly Bar treat (yum!)

- Connor's best friend Soren came over for a play date. They always have the best time together, with never any problems. They played baseball, Star Wars, Legos, and more.
- A play date at my friend Susan's house. Shortly after we got there, the doorbell rang and Susan said she had a surprise for me. And what a fun surprise it was! She had hired a nail tech to come and give me a pedicure, which was heavenly. And then she served a scrumptious quesadilla lunch. We all had the best time, esp. my feet. Thank you again Susan!!! So grateful for your thoughtfulness.

- A little adventuring. We all piled in the van and started driving, with no destination in mind. We ended up taking a bunch of county roads and exploring some rural/farming areas and small communities, and ended up in Loveland at the Chapungu African Stone Sculpture Park. We had never been there, and it was so cool! We hiked around the park (I had to make use of the many benches) and read about the many different sculptures. This was a fun way to combine nature, exercise and culture - a perfect combo! Afterwards we went to dinner.









The week is flying by; just one more day and my parents and brother and sister in law arrive - and the plans call for non-stop activity. Fun!
8 comments:
Jam packed activity. Fun! Enjoy the family.
I had never heard of that park! Looks like fun! What a great Spring break you are having!
Sounds like a great spring break! That park looks fantastic. I'll have to tell Aaron about it. With his interest in Africa, I'm sure he'd like to visit it.
We love going for rides on country roads too. We recently went to Alpena the back way. Justin drove, I knitted while we listed to kids' songs the entire way. It ended up taking 5 hours! But totally fun. We start Spring break today. I have no plans but this reminds me I need to make some as a week with the kids will just end up trashing my house. Have fun with the fam!
How nice to get your nails done, they look great! I need a pedicure sometime soon. I love the pictures from your little adventure. Good luck with your family coming into town. I know that you will have a great time.
What a thoughtful friend. I hope you have a fun week with your family.
staycations are always a good idea... and you are always a busy, happy little family. enjoy your visitors!
That park looks awesome! how fun! Glad to hear there were lots of benches :)
Post a Comment