


It was Memorial Day, May 26, 2003. Brian and I spent the day in the mountains with his parents. We drove over 11,000+ Guanella pass, a long and bumpy road. My in-laws were concerned that I was experiencing back pain. It shouldn't have come as a surprise when my water broke that night, at 1:20 a.m. on May 27. After more than 17 hours of labor that ended in an emergency C-section, I became a mother to the sweetest little boy.
That little boy, Connor Patrick, is 6 today! What a journey it has been. A few things about Connor as he turns 6:
- Just finished kindergarten. He's a great reader, was one of the top 5 readers in his class. He's a very smart boy, has such an interesting mind. He constantly makes me look at things in a new way.
- LOVES all rescue vehicles. Firetrucks, ambulances, police cars, police SUVs, rescue helicopters, police tow trucks, and whatever else rescue vehicle there is.
- LOVES to be outdoors. He is super flexible, athletic and fast. Loves running, climbing, jumping, hiking, bug catching, trampoline jumping, bike riding, scooter riding.
- Just started T-ball, and is really enjoying it so far. Is really good at hitting and throwing the ball.
- Loves Legos. Spends hours building different Lego creations.
- Favorite movies: Madagascar, Shrek, Cars.
Favorite foods: Hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, raspberries, cheetos, cupcakes, chocolate, frosting.
Favorite colors: Red, green, brown.
Brian has taken the day off, and we are letting Connor plan the day. He wants to go on a hike, go to a firestation, and have lunch at Red Robin. Then he is having a Shrek party with some friends on Saturday.
Connor quote from the morning, "Look at how 6 I am!"
Indeed.
10 comments:
Happy Birthday Connor. I loved his quote "look at how 6 I am" so cute. I hope you all have a great day!
Happy birthday Connor! I remember waiting and waiting for you to be born. I also remember your mom's ride on Memorial Day. I was at the lake with Grandma and Grandpa and we all thought her elevation change could bring you. We are so lucky to have you in our family and you are a great example for your little siblings and cousins to look up to. Love you so much 6 year old!
Ah, happy birthday to Connor! I love "look how 6 I am!"
Looks like he has been a cute boy from day 1. Happy #6 to your Connor!
You guys are such fun & creative parents letting him plan his day. What fun to look back and remember your sweet baby, too.
Look at how 6 I am! They change so fast. Happy Birthday, Connor!!!
Happy Birthday to Connor! I hope that you had a great day, and that your party on Saturday will be super fun! and very GREEN!
We love you Connor, and are glad that we get to see how 6 you are!
How well I remember the day he was born...could it really be six years ago....
Such a handsome boy. What a fun walk down memory lane with the pictures. He has a great personality!
I remember him that little and look at him now! Time sure does go by so fast. He's such a big boy now. It's fun to see all of the kiddos. Please give them all love from us! p.s I want a b-day like that someday!
Post a Comment