Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dance recital

Isabel had her dance recital earlier this month, one of her favorite things about being in dance. "I love the stage, mom. Not small stages. BIG stages!" She is VERY serious about her performance, and cannot stand to make a mistake. So she often looks deep in thought or even almost mad during her performance, but it's because she is concentrating so hard to get it right. As soon as it's done she is all smiles. Big ones.

The recital this year was all Disney music, and it was darling. I volunteered to be the class mom for the first time, feeling I had shirked the duty enough times. It was better than I thought. I had to be backstage with her class all of the dress rehearsal and recital, getting their costumes changed (correctly) and getting them where they needed to be. I did get to watch her performances from the side of the stage, which was fun. I also provided some coloring activities and snacks to keep the girls occupied between performances.

She loved her tap costume/routine more this year (the song was "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin. She talked about this routine all the time and showed it to us many times. Her ballet song was "A Dream is a Wish" from Cinderella.

The pics-






















No comments: