Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mom/daughter dinner and dance date

The Contemporary Dance Theatre from BYU was in town last night, and as part of one of my new callings (I have a few right now) I was charged with promoting this event in the media and local community. I also thought it would be fun to organize a group of our mother/daughter friends to go see it; the show was called The Thing About Love.

We all met up at Red Robin for dinner, then headed to the performance, which was great. I liked some of the numbers more than others - there were some I could have watched for hours! Overall is was beautiful and fun and had great music. It was a very fun outing.

Isabel and I decided to coordinate in the spirit of the "love" theme-

We shared a raspberry malt at RR, her choice-

With some of our friends, waiting for the show to start-

Isabel slipped me this note before the show started; she is SUCH a note writer; she lists writing, giving and receiving notes among her all-time favorite things (mom, thanks for planning this wonderful date! I might be grumpy in the morning, but I love you!). This went quite a bit past her bedtime, hence her anticipating of being grumpy in the morning-

And the double-sided note she wrote me the next morning; I love how she arranged the owl stickers to look like a mother/daughter duo, and drew our raspberry malt-


Love hanging with my girl.

1 comment:

Marie said...

We had a great time too! Thanks for thinking of making it a mommy/daughter thing! Made it extra special!