Must get back on the blogging track!
Ahhhh, December... it was another action-packed holiday season. Already more than a month out and I'm not sure I can remember all that we did, but here are some highlights. And our camera has been sketchy as best, we are mainly relying on phone photos, which clearly are not always the best-
We attended our town's festival of lights, where Isabel sang with a darling children's choir, which she loved immensely; had a visit with Santa; enjoyed hot cocoa and cookies, and had a horse-drawn wagon ride. It was a warm night, hardly felt like December!
We decked the halls-
I was thrilled thrilled thrilled to finally have made stockings, something I'd been wanting to do since Connor was born. I just couldn't commit to any until I saw an idea I liked, and then I made it my own. I really love how they turned out; they were much work but super fun to make. Some friends and Brian made the stocking board, and the entire outcome made me giddy with joy for the whole of the holiday season.
We attended another, much larger nearby holiday parade and festival of lights, with ice skating, hot cocoa stations, free train rides, and a fireworks show. Super fun night!
We dressed our Christmas best for church-
We spent Christmas Eve at home just the 6 of us, with our traditional appetizer dinner, Christmas movies, PJs from grandma and grandpa, and cookies and milk for Santa-
Christmas morning was EARLY, with Connor waking up at 4, and the rest of them all up by 4:45. Painful. I barely remember gift opening. But I know there were some happy kids. Mason got some Cars-themed stuff; Lucas' gifts included a bunch of Lego Monster Fighter sets (these are a beloved possession still), some books, a Where's my Water game, a Playmobil Egyptian/Sphinx set. Isabel hardly asked for toys, but rather clothes, writing thing (she spends a good deal of time each day writing or reading), a stuffed hedgehog, a 2-wheel scooter, jewelry, bath stuff and books. Connor got the Lego City police station he's asked for for about 3 years in a row, some clothes, games, and vehicle stuff. See why I need to keep up with blogging? Six weeks out and I can't even remember it all. We also got an XBox Kinect from my parents. And if I had to award a prize for best gift reactions/most beloved gifts, it would go to Lucas. Hands down. Very entertaining.
Christmas Day we went to Castle Rock to be with Brian's family; Brian's sister Kelley and her family moved to CO from TX this summer, and it's been great having them close. With the kids waking up so early, it was a lovely, quiet hour-long drive for Brian and me-
We had gotten a magical Christmas snow on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day was cold and snow-covered and sparkly, just how I love it. It was great. We enjoyed a great dinner and just hanging out with everyone, and the kids loved playing with cousins and getting more gifts from nanna and grandpa - Cars squinkies for Mason, an art set for Lucas, more Lego friends for Isabel (these are so darling and so much fun!) and a Wimpy Kid Cheese Touch game for Connor. That evening Brian and I sneaked away for a moonlit walk, and it was fantastic. What is Christmas without a frigid walk in the snow, I ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I was just thinking this weekend I hadn't seen an update from you for a while! I was happy to see one this morning when I got on!
I love seeing photos of YOU on your blog. Good stuff.
I am SOOOOO (x 1million) happy to see you back to blogging. Yay! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I love how your stockings turned out! They look like you bought them somewhere. Adorable kids on Christmas morning. i can't believe they woke up at 4:45 - we have yet to have an early morning like that. And I'm so jealous of your white Christmas too! Please tell me you're coming back soon and much more often :) I've missed your guts!
That picture of your kids sleeping in the back seat? That's the definition of bliss right there!
Post a Comment