It seriously is becoming more difficult to keep up with my blog. What with pics on phones and pics on the camera, my photos are not nearly as organized as they once were. And side writing projects, and life and growing kids and this and that and it isn't leaving me with much time or motivation. But as this is the ony place our memories are dwelling, I must keep up. At least try to keep up. Hello, here it is Thanksgiving week and I am just catching up on Halloween. A first for me.
Halloween was warm and beautiful this year, the costumes turned out well, the pumpkins were filled with candy, so I call it a success.
A few Halloween-y treats. The vampire pancakes from a few years ago were a MUCH bigger hit this time around (Connor was freaked out by them last time). We have named them vampcakes. And also some Frankenstein krispie treats-
Our carved pumpkins-
My favorite costume (maybe of all time) was Mason's owl costume. I had thought of it a couple of months ago and was so thrilled with how it turned out. My talented and dear friend Kristie made him the hat, and I sewed felt feathers and wings onto a cheap $5 sweatshirt from Walmart, and I bought some yellowy/orange tights at Target. It came together beautifully; the wings actually looked awesome when he pretended to fly, and when he "flew" around saying "hoo-hoo" the cuteness was nearly impossible to contain. He was a big hit at our ward party and trick-or-treating. And the picture of him drinking out of a cup with go down as one of the best pics ever. He was a well-loved and much-admired owl.
In true Lucas fashion, he chose something tough, the Mr. Incredible
costume that Connor wore a few years ago. I made the mask, and because
he insisted he needed long, shiny black gloves, I made those too. I'd
never made gloves before, and he wouldn't want to wear them for anything
besides in costume, but they worked and he was pleased. And tough, of
course.
Isabel decided on being a candy corn fairy. She didn't want to be called a princess, but she didn't have wings, so we went with fairy anyways. I had a ton of fun making her wand and crown, and had planned on making a tulle tutu, until my friend Becky offered up a felt candy corn bubble dress she had made a few years back, and Isabel liked it enough to use it, so that we did. It went great with her wand! She looked sweet enough to eat.
Connor went through the most costume idea changes; he settled on being a fisherman just days before the big day, but since it was such an easy costume, I was fine with it. He made the paper fish, and then he and Brian sealed them on both sides with packing tape, punched holes in them and hung them on a stringer. They put some lures in a gander mountain hat, he wore a bug shirt that passed of as fishing flies, carried a tackle bag for his loot and we called it good.
All together-
Trick or treating!
The loot-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOVE the owl costume!
I have to agree with the cuteness and creativeness of the owl costume. Too cool! All the kids look great! And I am glad to hear that my super-human/super-woman friend can't keep up with life some days either. I think you have less of these moments than I do for sure...and for me, they seem to happen more and more frequently with more years and more children. LOL
Post a Comment