Sunday, November 4, 2012

38th Birthday

Brian and I celebrated our 38th birthdays on October 29. We were excited to try a creole cafe called Lucile's that comes highly rated and much beloved, and so we thought our birthday was a perfect time to go out for an awesome breakfast. And it was! We had beignets, hot cocoa, fresh-squeezed orange juice, biscuits with homemade jams, and he had the creole omelet and I had the eggs sardou, which was poached eggs over creamed spinach with gulf shrimp, and cajun potatoes. And they served the meals on darling Happy Birthday plates. Amazing and fun and cozy and just awesome all around. What a great morning! We hardly ever go out for breakfast; it was a real treat, especially as my friend Jen took Lucas and Mason so we could have a leisurely morning, and we did some shopping after breakfast.




It was nice to get a lot of calls and messages from family and friends with birthday wishes, and that evening we went out to dinner as a family.

The next evening, some of my friends took me out for a costume birthday dinner to Hacienda Colorado, another fave where the salsa is so good they have to serve me my own personal serving in a large bowl. It was fun to see how everyone was dressed - they all looked awesome - but my favorite was my friend Jen's costume... she dressed as my biggest fan! She made a poster with my picture, a shirt with my picture, buttons with my picture; it was a little strange seeing so much of myself, but it was so clever and fun. Love good friends. I dressed as the queen bee, a costume I made and wore for me and Brian's first married Halloween, when he was a beekeeper and I was his queen bee. Ahhhh.....






I arrived home that evening to find this note from Isabel on my pillow; she often leaves notes for me and/or Brian at bedtime, this one was especially sweet-

All in all, a fun way to celebrate my life, although I'm not so much a fan of getting older. 40 is looking all to ominously on the horizon!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

So glad you had a fun day. :)

Kristi said...

I would say that was a PERFECT Birthday! Your breakfast sounds so delish, and is making me munchy just reading about it. Great photo of you, you look gorgy in blue. Love that your friend dressed up as your biggest fan - perfect for the b-day girl! So nice to be loved. :)