Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A sweet day

Today was a little bit of a hard day. A reminder that life isn't always fair. So I'm going to write about a good day. Which was Saturday. Nothing special, just one of those days that was fun and I wanted to last for a while.

I took the children to the grand opening of a new bakery, which had free cupcake decorating and face painting. It was such a gloriously amazing fall day, and it was just a lovely afternoon.

On the drive into town the trees and mountains looked so lovely, I tried to get a few shots-

The face painting was among the most artistic we have seen; I was most impressed and the children were in love with their results-

Decorating and enjoying cupcakes-

We had a fun shopping trip to Hobby Lobby. Yes. Fun in a store with four children. It's not always like that, but it sometimes happens. I am entering a booth at an upcoming craft fair (first time) and needed some supplies. I don't know why I felt like recording that but I just did. So there.

We stopped on the way home and did a little hike. This would have been a good picture but the sun was blinding-

Connor is always about a quarter of a mile ahead of the rest of us, hence the difficulty in getting a shot of all 4 en route-
Isabel was beyond thrilled to spot a bald eagle sitting in a tree! It was so awesome.

5 comments:

taradon said...

Looks like a wonderful family day.

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

I just read in 2 Nephi about how there must be opposition in all things. There are truly times I don't understand that, but if it is true...think of all the wonderful moments we'd miss out on if we hadn't experienced the bad days. Here's to a happy day! Love ME

Susan said...

What craft fair? I wanna go!

Kristi said...

Sorry to hear about your bad day, hope things improved.

Beautiful photos! Autumn is the best. I'm impressed with the face painting - definitely above average!

Tell us more about what you are making for the craft fair.

The Frosts said...

Definitely looks like a fabulous and perfect day! I can't get over how adorable and little Mason looks toddling along with his siblings! I want to hear more about the craft fair too. And I really hope your day got better!