Since she goes to kindergarten on MWF and her birthday was on T this year, we brought treats to her class on M and they sang Happy Birthday to her. Yes, she and Nate sit at the same table. Isn't that convenient?

She requested pancakes with berries and whipped cream for her birthday breakfast, so that's what we had.


She opened family gifts. She's been asking for the purple unicorn Pillow Pet since last Christmas. I finally gave in. She literally cried tears of joy when she opened it and thanked us profusely. She and I both choke up and get teary when we are overcome with any number of emotions.


While Connor was at school and Lucas at preschool, I took the birthday girl and her unicorn - who has been named Rainbow (because you know, she is so multicolored?) to a local cafe for a sweet treat birthday outing. She ended up with cotton candy gelato and coconut Italian soda. Because you only turn 6 once. And she still has a pizza party with Brian's parents to look forward to.

Isabel is such a joy. I am eternally grateful that she entered my world 6 years ago. A more fun and full of life person is hard to come by.
She loves school, dancing, singing, reading, playing and writing/coloring/drawing (she spends most of her time taking writing utensil to paper). And Nate. Let's not forget Nate. And her family, her girlfriends, Primary, movies, shopping, clothes, jewelry, playing a pretend game she made up for her and her brothers called the sneakykins, animals, birds, owls, going on adventures, and sweets. Having 3 brothers, she's well rounded; she's not afraid to get dirty and touch bugs. Except spiders. She has a scream-producing fear of spiders. And she hates heights.
We all love her so very much and are so proud of the girl she is. Happy Birthday Isabel Charlotte!
4 comments:
She's a sweet, beautiful girl. I always love to ready your stories about her.
*read. I like to READ your stories. :)
What a beautiful, fun, spirited, smart 6 year old you have! The Tangled part is still being talking about at our house! Nice work!
She really is a delightful girl. You bring out the best in her, and give her an environment to thrive in. Her radiance is a result of her happy home. :)
I can't say enough about her party. Wow. Just wow. You did good!
Happy Birthday, Miss Isabel!
Post a Comment