Then Mason came down with the virus, really nothing more than a runny nose but then it went straight to his lungs and caused a severe asthmatic reaction (he's never had asthma symptoms before). He woke up Thursday morning with extreme wheezing and was visibly struggling to get air in, so I rushed him in to the pediatrician. When the ped heard us coming down the hall (or rather, heard Mason's breathing) he scrambled and started yelling for epinephrine. He thought Mason was having stridor caused by croup, in which his throat was closing. Then upon listening to him closer he determined it was asthma, not stridor. His oxygen was down to 91/92 percent (not good), so he had a nebulizer treatment, and responded fairly well to that. We are now proud owners of a shiny new nebulizer, and Mason had to have frequent treatments for a couple of days as well as take oral steroids. He too is doing much better, just has a lingering cough. We have NOT had good lung situations as of late. Hoping this improves. Like his fish mask neb?

Mason's hair has gotten so long, so after his bath one morning I got impatiently impulsive and decided to give it a trim. It didn't go well. I got a bit carried away on the top and the sides, but didn't want to cut off the curly locks in the back, so he ended up with a mullet. A MULLET! My redneck baby! And I don't know where to go with it from here, so I am bringing him to my uber talented hairstylist friend Erica for help. Which I should have done in the first place. So I would call my attempt at cutting his hair this time a complete bust.
Here is his hair journey. It was so shaggy that after naps/in the morning if often looked like this:


When combed it was better, but still getting pretty shaggy, although some might kind it trendy-



And after the damage was done. Where I grew up we called this Hockey Hair. No matter what you call it, it's awful. I can't believe I did this. But of course I have to document it. Call him Billy Ray Cyrus, ask me if he knows the Achy Breaky Heart dance, tell me he needs a ripped tank top and Confederate Flag on his truck - I've heard it all. Ha. Ha.







A neighbor gave Brian a sugar pumpkin and suggested we make pumpkin soup with it. So I pureed the pumpkin myself (cut it into pieces, roasted it, then pureed it), and found a recipe. I did not like it. It was so pretty, and had a taste of fall, but overall I did not care for the flavor of the soup. Neither did the kids. So all that work was a bust. But it really did look pretty, esp. in my Anthropologie bowls, which fill me with joy.

One thing that was not a bust last week: my favorite new project, felt dahlias. I saw them on Pinterest, and fell hard for them. I have made a bunch of them, some as gifts. They are a bit time consuming, but are so fabulous on a cardigan or wool coat or a bag - they add such a great fall texture and pop of color. I'm talking serious project love here.

6 comments:
Just so you know I've had achy breaky running through my head ALL morning since I first read this post :) Mason looks adorable - I love those pics of he and Isabel together.
I'm so sorry he has been so sick. You've had a rough go of it this fall. I hope he's better and you have no more sickies all winter!
And those flowers are AMAZING. I so wish we lived close to eachother so we could craft together!
I was seriously going to ask you about your awesome flower yesterday, but I lost you after church. It was gorgeous! Will you teach me? :)
So hope all your kids are on the mend and this doesn't come back any time soon!
I *heart* the picture of Isabel and Mason with Mason's two teeth showing! Hope all feel better soon. Hard to be sick.
LOVE the flowers! My birthday is coming up in a couple months. Just sayin'. :)
I was observing Sunday, thinking how much I loved his hair! Eli's is straight as a nail, thick and course :/
Those flowers are Fabulous! (careful you going to find yourself teaching a class!)
Cute stuff - even the Mason mullet! lol! It is so hard to cut off baby curls!!
Your bowls are so fun, no wonder you love them. Oh, and those dahlias! are you kidding me?! I'm afraid I lack the patience, but they are just cute enough to tempt me...
Post a Comment