Friday, August 12, 2011

WOW - good times

A couple of weeks ago I took the kids to a nearby children's museum called WOW (World of Wonder), which I had heard about from my friend Jen. And seriously, we were wowed! What a fun place! I found it to be reasonably priced, easy to get to, not too big, and jam-packed with hidden treasures and found in pretty much every corner. My kids proclaimed it one of the favorite locations of the summer!

- I am only sharing a portion of what was there, including a huge pirate ship where you can raise a pirate flag, go under deck and play with sea creatures and read pirate books, light up a lighthouse, and so much more!

- a pulley chair

- a music room with lots of musical instruments and activities. The Illumitune was the coolest.thing.ever! It's totally touchless; you just wave your hand over the colored lights and each light makes a note (which you can change to sound like a variety of different instruments). I had a lot of fun with it.

- Lucas loved the dinosaur dress up and play area-

- There was a banking area where you ride the car (by pushing a button) up to the drive-through, which had a cash register, vault, tons of play money, and a real money-sending tube where you could send the canister through, just like a real bank! Perhaps I am easily amused, but I loved that and thought it was genius! I was always fascinated by those as a child-

- There was a giant bubble-making area where you stand in the middle and make a giant bubble around you-

- There is a science room with microscopes, gravity experiments, and more- this was cool, like a Plinko game-

- The traveling exhibit was pipes you could build with-

- My boys thought the wind room was the most hilarious thing ever, and when they'd launch the ball onto the wind maker they'd call it a floating head and fall over laughing. I'm telling you, this is entertainment at its finest!

- Giant indoor sandbox-

- Whole Foods grocery play area-

- There was a face painter there the day we went-

- Costume/stage/theater area- Isabel fell in love with the purple unicorn and wore it around for some time-

My kids spent hours here and never ran out of things to do - we will definitely go again! Would highly recommend it.

No comments: