Last Friday, she lost the first of those two wiggly teeth. Like most things with her, it had to be on her own time. She has SERIOUS hangups about pain and body issues (as did I when I was young); some people have a term for this: hypochondria. There. I said it. Or rather, wrote it. Anyways, I knew her tooth would have to literally fall out because there is no way in this ever-loving world that she was going to let us pull it. At least not without sedation.
So as we were getting ready to head out the door, she comes running toward me, literally shaking all over her body, and excitedly informs me that she just lost a tooth. And so it is. Out with the old tooth, in with a new tooth. Out with the old smile, in with a new smile. I have to admit I wasn't ready for my little girl to take such a big step.

Shortly after the tooth adventure, we met my dearest friends Kristie, Elizabeth and Paula at Chick Fil A for Cow Appreciation day, an annual event where anyone who dresses like a cow gets a free meal at the restaurant. We all donned our black and white tails, ears and spots and met for a fun, free lunch. Then we headed to Kristie's neighborhood pool for an afternoon of swimming. Although I see these friends at least once a month, sometimes more, all the kiddos don't get together often. When we all met more than 9 years ago, we had 4 children between us and the oldest was 7. We've now had 14 children between us and the oldest is 16! It's really something amazing to watch my friends' children grow, and to watch my friends grow as mothers. We continue to be "old" friends, but we continually share new experiences. I love this. Note: the "black eyes" you see are residual cow makeup. Love these kids!

And to bring the tooth count up-to-date, last night Isabel lost her 2nd tooth, and now she really has a new smile! She rather enjoys sticking her tongue in the space; I rather enjoy her newfound hissing lisp.

3 comments:
I loved watching her flash her new smile at everyone she passed at church.
The summer always goes too fast. I would love to try to get together in August. Shoot me an email or call/txt. I am sure we can figure something out. :)
She is too little for a missing tooth?! But, so, so cute!!
Post a Comment