I made these LUCKY blocks, love how they turned out. I was working on them while I watched all the coverage of the horrific events happening in Japan, Libya and throughout the Middle East, and every time I looked at the word I just kept thinking, "yes, I really am."
I picked up this cute sign-

A thoughtful friend gave me this cute wreath-

Same thoughtful friend made me this fun Irish saying, done in fun fonts and shades of green then printed on cardstock, which I framed. We snagged this awesome project idea from my friend Monique's blog, who had some really creative and fun St. Patty's decor this year (thanks for the inspiration!).
I framed a St. Patty's day pic of the kids to put next to it, perhaps I will update the picture each year with the most recent one-
On St. Patrick's Day morning, the kids woke up to discover Lucky the Leprechaun had made a very tricky visit; he had hung lucky seven green streamers from their bedroom doorways-

and they also had tons of fun discovering all the other tricks he had played on us (milk turned green, dining room chairs and barstools overturned, message on the bathroom mirror in green marker, shamrock confetti sprinkled all over the counter, funny things stacked that normally aren't, and more). Seriously, it was like Christmas morning they loved all the little tricky surprised so much. Oh, children. Everything is better through their eyes.
For breakfast we had Lucky Charms, and shamrock scones with shamrock sprinkles-
various green foods made an appearance throughout the day, like green applesauce and green Jello.
We wore our green (don't mind Lucas, who had an eye incident of some sort and I didn't have time for him get happy as Connor had to catch the school bus)-


After school we did our annual treasure hunt for a pot of gold (chocolate coins); I hide the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and then make a treasure map for them to use to find it. They love this.

We listened to my cousin's Meeting of the Waters, a beautiful instrumental CD (mostly piano) of traditional and original Irish tunes. Brian and I are both very Irish (his mom's a Kelley, mine's an O'Neill); I've posted before about his famous Irish poet/author relative, Padraic Colum. In reading last year's post I was just reminded that I intended to check out some of his books from the library this year, we'll still have to do that-



In the evening I went to the 8th Annual (2nd for me) St. Patrick's Day Girls' Night Out dinner with fabulous fun friends, and enjoyed every minute of it. Lucky, lucky, lucky to have so many wonderful friends in my life.

3 comments:
Great decorations! Love Isabel's expressions. Hope Mason gets better soon. We've had strep so far and bronchitis this year. I think it has been a really bad year for stuff. Humidifiers have worked well for us.
It's good to be at your house on St. Patty's day! What a great time. Love your decorations and traditions. I'll have to check out your cousin's CD. The inner Bailey in me really enjoys Irish music.
You are such a fun mom! Elijah had Lucky Charms for breakfast when he usually only gets "sugar cereal" on the weekends. And that's it for our St. Patrick's Day fun. :)
Post a Comment